A new member... Again!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A new member... Again! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, I cut my teeth on the WRX with a 2002 that I got back in 2007. I had ...

A new member... Again!

Hi all,

I cut my teeth on the WRX with a 2002 that I got back in 2007. I had to say goodbye to it when I fishtailed on I-5 avoiding parked traffic (no reckless driving for me). I tapped the median at about 25 when all was said and done, but it was enough to knock out the timing so the engine was destroyed. I was just happy that my girlfriend and I were both fine, and I ended up using part of the insurance payout for an engagement ring while we both drove her Legacy wagon. Fast forward a few years and we are happily married looking around for WRX number two! The head gasket in the Legacy finally blew this weekend (2000's were notorious for HG failures), and there happened to be 2009 Spark Silver Premium package with 40k miles for $23,900 at a dealer here in town. I got them down to $21,500 and we are now proud owners of our second WRX!

So far I could not possibly be happier with this machine. My only complaint is with the heated seats. They are a nice touch, but it makes it difficult to tell when I've peed myself from excitement.

Happy to be back!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Blue Baby Sound's Avatar
    Welcome back!
    Stink-Eye Mob #667

2011 WRX Limited (Joan)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Thor)
    1965 Chevrolet Impala (Clara)

Intro Thread- PICS

welcome back. love the heated seat comment haha, my when i get excited in my bug eye i have heated seats for a few minutes and then it starts to get cold

I Support ClubWRX
    Eugene?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and re-welcome to the Club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarcaf View Post
    My only complaint is with the heated seats. They are a nice touch, but it makes it difficult to tell when I've peed myself from excitement.

Welcome back!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.