is it worth the money????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on is it worth the money???? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm currently own a 07 vw rabbit i always loved the wrx but with the vw being 12G with 19,000 ...

is it worth the money????

i'm currently own a 07 vw rabbit i always loved the wrx but with the vw being 12G with 19,000 i jump and took it.
    i found a 2005 wrx wagon for 12,9 with 40,xxx miles here is the link to the car

Cars for Sale: 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX in Manassas Park, VA 20111: Wagon Details - 312655062 - AutoTrader.com

i just have a few questions...
    1. has anyone switch from vw to subaru, if so tell me what you like and dont like. was it worth the switch
    2. anything i should really worry when i'm looking at this car?
    3. is the price good?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have gone back and forth between the VAG cars and the Subarus.. I personally love the subarus but am usually in something else EVERY day and my subaru just sits.. Until recently Ive had subarus as DDs.

Your going to miss the classy feeling extremely nice interior the VAG cars have, as well as the fit and finish.. But I bet you wont ever look back performance wise and modability (even tho the rabbit can be pretty pimp)

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Yeah I love the vag
    How she was sitting this year

Even though I love the vag I feel like the wrx is a steal. I see on craigslist wrx going for like 10G with 100k but 12G for 44,000 miles seems good but I do have some concerns.

I Support ClubWRX
    Seems to good to be true.. Like salvaged title or it sat in a garage getting repaired or pieces back together after it was totaled but still has a clear title.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tdoug60 View Post
    Yeah I love the vag

You and me both.... You and me both
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

hell it looks stock...and in good shape. Run some Carfax, take it to an independent mechanic to check it out. Spend a few bucks for compression tests.

And let me know when I can pick it up
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

It looks really clean.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Any tips on thing I should look for or hear for when I'm on a test drive

Someone posted this up...check it out.

'02 WRX with 127k miles a good buy?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, that is an amazing price for that car. Buy it before they realize it lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I can't wait for a test drive but I don't have a mechanic to look at it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought my car in another city this past weekend and found a very well reviewed mechanic to look at the car. Just do some research on Google and go from there. Pre-purchase inspections are done by just about every single shop these days. Mine was $42 for everything including a diagnostics test, test drive, pulling the wheels off to look at the brakes, putting the car on a jack to check for leaks and broken parts. The only thing they didn't do was a compression and leak down test.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I just got mine today. 2004 wry wagon. same mileage and a bit lower price. It's my first car and i loved how it drove in the test drive. Don't know much about them in terms of mechanical problems and such but i would go for it.

Well I search on google for a place to do a pre purchase inspection near Manassas Park, va but the cheapest I found was $143 anyone know a place I can get this done for cheaper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast