New Subaru Owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Subaru Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, My name is Jessica and I'm new around here and new to Subaru's as well. I purchased a ...

New Subaru Owner

Hello everyone,

My name is Jessica and I'm new around here and new to Subaru's as well. I purchased a 2012 WRX Premium about 3 weeks ago and joined here in hopes of learning more about it. I'm not new to cars or racing, I currently own a low 11 second 1998 Eclipse GSX. I've always loved and preferred Mitsubishi's, but the new body style WRX's really caught my eye so I decided to pick one up as something else fun to drive around everyday as the GSX had become impractical for daily driving. My plan is the keep the WRX stock (or at least relatively stock), but we'll see how long that works out for me. So far I really love driving this car.

Here is a not-so-great picture of the new car while it was still on the lot:

And a picture of the GSX:

Look forward to meeting some of you.
    - Jessica

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum Jessica.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Hi. Man the trunk trim pieces really make a big difference
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Registered User Blue Baby Sound's Avatar
    Welcome!
    Stink-Eye Mob #667

2011 WRX Limited (Joan)
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Thor)
    1965 Chevrolet Impala (Clara)

Intro Thread- PICS

Welcome and Congrats!
    2011 WRX WRB HB, 2011 FORESTER SSM AWP Premium.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    Kurt Cobain

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    That Eclipse is a 11 second car? It has sleeper written all over it. I like.

Enjoy the new car, and my money has you modding the car - at least a little - pretty soon.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Welcome!

Cherry Hill Subaru eh? I work 10 min from there!

Those GSXs are major sleepers if done right! I had a buddy with just a GST who ran low 12s after he did some work including a turbo swap. It pulled!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Welcome!

Welcome!

My first car was a '99 eclipse, I really liked that body style. Thats awesome that yours runs low 11s.

congrats on the new wrx, and welcom to the forum

2003 WRX- Newbie
    1997 S-10 zr2- work/quad hauler
    1991 crx si-r- all motor B16
    1989 crx si- beater

"It looks like Scarface sneezed on you car!"

Thank you everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    That Eclipse is a 11 second car? It has sleeper written all over it. I like.

Enjoy the new car, and my money has you modding the car - at least a little - pretty soon.
    Definitely is a sleeper. 11.2 @ 126 is my best time so far, though I think I could could crack into the 10's with a change in tune.

That's probably a safe bet. I once told myself I would be happy with the Eclipse when I got it in the 13's...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Welcome!

Cherry Hill Subaru eh? I work 10 min from there!

Those GSXs are major sleepers if done right! I had a buddy with just a GST who ran low 12s after he did some work including a turbo swap. It pulled!
    Yeah, Cherry Hill was the only dealership in the area that had a WRX in stock! I actually live in PA - work in Philly and live about 30 minutes north of there.
    - Jessica

Geeze...11.2 is money. What mods do you have done??? Turbo upgrade I assume...

Nice...I live in good ole Manayunk, but only for another 6 months or so til I move back to NJ to be closer to work. Go figure: lived in NJ, worked in Philly (CC). Now I live in Philly, got a job in NJ. Duh.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Geeze...11.2 is money. What mods do you have done??? Turbo upgrade I assume...

Nice...I live in good ole Manayunk, but only for another 6 months or so til I move back to NJ to be closer to work. Go figure: lived in NJ, worked in Philly (CC). Now I live in Philly, got a job in NJ. Duh.
    Yeah, the turbo is an FP 3065. It has a fully built motor with BC 280 cams and it's tuned with DSM Link (I'm sure you're not familiar with this as it's a DSM only tuning program). There isn't much under the hood that's not stock, so I'm not going to list everything. It would take me all day haha
    - Jessica

hi! nice color choice!

I Support ClubWRX
    DSM Link is much like our open source. We have heard of it.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast