New to the forum, Looking for my WRX... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on New to the forum, Looking for my WRX... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SRTSamb Holy buckets 72 months! that is a long time to pay on a car. But it's ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    Holy buckets 72 months! that is a long time to pay on a car. But it's right where the OP wants his payments

OP, go new if you're going to finance and pick up a that extra 40+hp

Or take that 26k and get your finances right! ok I'm done with the soapbox talk.
    Im not his financial adviser.. Im just the guy talking reasoning.. At 2.9% interest for 72 months why the **** not let the money sit in your bank. Honestly over the length of that loan your only paying in $2,759.52 in interest.. Youd be done paying that off within 10months of payments.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea, it REALLY depends on what percentage i get, and what the payments are. I dont mind stretching it to 72 months. I KNOW the wrx is a reliable platform, unless you go crazy with them mods wise, and its a car ive been wanting for at least 10 years. The caliber was a purchase because my old car was in need of a new transmission soon, among other things, and just wasnt worth putting the money into.

I expected the caliber to be a decent car, but over the course of owning it a little over 3 years, its been in the dealer more times than i can remember, and as it sits right now, starts when it wants to. If i take it to the dealer to get it fixed, its going to cost me WELL over 1k, which im not willing to soak into the car, as i KNOW other things will be breaking soon.

All of the variables need to be there for it to happen, which is what im waiting to hear about. Its not a car that im going to up and trade in in another 3 years, but one i would plan to keep well after its paid off. Loved the wrx for a LONG time, and i guess you could call it a "dream" car of mine. As i live in the subrubs of chicago, the awd will be REALLY nice in the winters(even though we have had ZERO snow yet this season), and its a fun, sporty car to enjoy driving every day.

I dont want to "settle" for anything i dont want, but at the same time, i really would like to get out of my caliber asap.

As for my insurance company, they are SLIGHTLY more expensive, but they have their perks. They quoted me 143 bucks a month for the 08, which IMO, seems about par from another thread i was reading on here.

I hope that the dealer/bank can get me what i want, but we'll just have to wait and see.

For anyone interested, here is a video of the most recent problem with my caliber, the no start issue.

Recently, i was stuck at a fuel station for about 10 minutes trying to get it to start, and this morning it took 5 minutes to start up. Some days there are no problems, other days its a pain in my arse.

Caliber no start - YouTube

Its a shame really, i take REALLY good care of my caliber, all early maintenance, and the way it repays me is to break constantly.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im selling my 2008... Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Lol, why are you selling? Private party in my scenario would be nearly impossible, as i would need to sell my caliber first, rather than just "trading" it, and the market for the caliber is DULL. Their KNOWN for problems, which is why im looking to trade and run away as fast as possible lol

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought a 2012..

I bought a 2012..
    Ahh, very nice, congrats man.

op there you go. BUY IT
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Im not his financial adviser.. Im just the guy talking reasoning.. At 2.9% interest for 72 months why the **** not let the money sit in your bank. Honestly over the length of that loan your only paying in $2,759.52 in interest.. Youd be done paying that off within 10months of payments.
    Oh I know man. I was just being dumb. Seems like a long time!
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

So i heard from the dealer today.. Sitting down?

The bank wanted 7500 bucks down... So, a little less than half down.

I kinda went, well, if i had 7500 bucks to spend on a down payment, id probably buy an older one outright and have no payments lol

So, for now, im going to keep my eye out for anything else that pops up.

I Support ClubWRX
    They won't take your Caliber as a trade-in?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    They won't take your Caliber as a trade-in?
    Oh they will, but id be breaking even on the caliber, and essentially making that a wash

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123