New to the forum, Looking for my WRX... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to the forum, Looking for my WRX... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox Are you a member of a credit union? If not I would get with them first ...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Are you a member of a credit union? If not I would get with them first to see what your interest rate would be. Often times it is so much less that you'll actually be able to afford something newer and still be in budget.
    Im not a member, but it is an option to go through a credit union to see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by am115995 View Post
    Is the caliber still under factory warranty?
    No, the warranty expired 4 months ago, and the no starting started about two months ago. Funny how that works, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    Hey man. I hear you. No one wants to deal with that. But if you think buying an older car with more miles more wear and possibly driver abuse, and on top of that extending
    Your debt over another 3-6 years is smart you are making a mistake. If the goal is to get out of your current car bc of the maintenance, then purchase a civic dx with 50-70k miles and save your money each month.

Now that being said maybe what you can do is look into financing a 2009-2011 or even new for a smaller amount of finance time at a better rate. Dont mortgage 10 years of your financial future for a car. In this life
    Cash is king brother. The more you have the more you can do and accomplish. driving a WRX is fun. But if I could not pay cash for a car I wouldn't buy it. I understand not everyone can, but there are things you can do to mitigate your loss. Going upside down on a trade in and financing a 13000 car at most likely 7-10% for 5 years is what you're looking at. Don't do it brother.

Yea, to sum things up, i went and test drove the 08 today, and am waiting to hear back from the banks to see what i can do for financing. My credit score is where it needs to be, debt to income is a bit high, but everything else looks OK. Now i just have to wait and see what happens. I told the saleswoman what my HIGHEST monthly payment would be(minus 15%), so they dont try to squeeze me, and now i just have to wait to hear back.

I could get into a cheaper car, but at that point, id still need to finance, and still come out with a longer term of payments and most likely the same payment as i have now because financing on a used cheaper car with higher miles sucks.

While i realize that getting something cheaper is the "better" option, if im going to get another car to replace the caliber, i might as well get something that i will enjoy, and something that i plan on keeping for years to come, instead of buying and trading in cars every 3-4 years, which is what ive done in the past.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah thats a bummer that you are having issues starting so quickly after the factory warranty expired...

Best of luck to you, I hope the numbers work in your favor

I Support ClubWRX
    Honestly I'd say do it. The 08 will still hold some value (at least better than the Caliber lol) and in the end it will make you happier. I myself just got into my first ever car payment and I wouldn't change a thing. I see it as money is buying my happiness
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX Matt View Post
    Ive looked at a few 08's online, there is a nice blue hatch, 36k miles, and their asking 19.9k for it.

My biggest stipulation is that the payment stays below 340 a month, ideally under 325.
    72 months at 2.9% at a brand new 2012 base price of lets say $26,000= $342

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

The 08 is sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by am115995 View Post
    Yeah thats a bummer that you are having issues starting so quickly after the factory warranty expired...

Best of luck to you, I hope the numbers work in your favor
    Yea, ive had NOTHING but problems with the caliber, if im going to get out of it, there is no better time than now, before even more problems pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Honestly I'd say do it. The 08 will still hold some value (at least better than the Caliber lol) and in the end it will make you happier. I myself just got into my first ever car payment and I wouldn't change a thing. I see it as money is buying my happiness
    Yep, as long as the bank will finance me on it, im going to do it, and of course, as long as the payment is where i need it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Yea, it depends on what a new one goes for, i think new their asking 29/30k

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea, it depends on what a new one goes for, i think new their asking 29/30k
    MSRP on a base model is around $25000.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    The 08 is sexy.
    Yep, and its QUICK too lol. The caliber has 148HP, so you can imagine my shock when i started to drive the wrx like im used to driving my caliber. The interior is MINT, and the exterior is near perfect. I counted three rock chips lol.

EVERY wrx i have driven just feels right. Hopefully the bank likes me lol. I looked 3-4 months ago at an 02 at the same dealer, im dealing with the same salesperson and finance manager, and they are ALL pushing to try to get me into the car haha

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Holy buckets 72 months! that is a long time to pay on a car. But it's right where the OP wants his payments

OP, go new if you're going to finance and pick up a that extra 40+hp

Or take that 26k and get your finances right! ok I'm done with the soapbox talk.
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    MSRP on a base model is around $25000.
    OP read the above post. it's in your price range.

Holy buckets 72 months! that is a long time to pay on a car. But it's right where the OP wants his payments

OP, go new if you're going to finance and pick up a that extra 40+hp

Or take that 26k and get your finances right! ok I'm done with the soapbox talk.
    OP read the above post. it's in your price range.
    Yea, the loan length on the 08 will be 72 months, if everything goes through ok. New would be nice, but the insurance is a LOT higher for a new one. I called and got the quotes before i went to look, and the 2012 is 50-60 bucks more per month than an 08. My insurance company is weird like that

Don't do it man.

Yea, the loan length on the 08 will be 72 months, if everything goes through ok. New would be nice, but the insurance is a LOT higher for a new one. I called and got the quotes before i went to look, and the 2012 is 50-60 bucks more per month than an 08. My insurance company is weird like that
    Get a new insurance company. I went from an '08 to a slightly more expensive '11 and my insurance didn't change.

Take it for what its worth!!

I use to work at the dealership and your best bet would be sell your Caliber on Craigslist because it looks nice and you will get more then the dealer with give. Then search for the WRX you want and in the price range you want. There will be a few out there and then look at the three that is lowest in price vrs NADA value that way you have some room to play with. Pick the best deal and if you have extra cash from your Caliber use it if not pocket it. I have a 02 WRX with 94K on it and got it financed for 60 months at only 180.00 a month. It is all about research and timing!!! GOOD LUCK!!
    Big D

I Support ClubWRX
    you need to get a different insurance company. My 12 will cost me $2 more a month than my 08..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast