in search of 2nd car

This is a discussion on in search of 2nd car within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am 17 years old and have previously been driving a 1968 Land Rover series IIA that i restored with ...

in search of 2nd car

I am 17 years old and have previously been driving a 1968 Land Rover series IIA that i restored with my dad, but it's time to move on to something a little bit more practical and faster. I have been looking for 2006 WRXs with around 60,000 to 80,000 miles, a manual gearbox, and unmodified (i want to do any modifications myself). My budget is no more then $16,000, and would also like service records. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for websites to look for good wrx's, thanks in advance for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Most WRXs on an enthusiast forum will be modified at time of sale or previously modified (parted-out, returned to stock).

Minor modifications aren't something you should be too concerned over. With these cars (modified or not), both a compression and leakdown test should be performed before purchase.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Vehix.com, Autotrader.com, and Cars.com are all valuable websites to start checking since many dealers post ads through them. Your best bet for finding something unmodded and with service records are probably at dealerships.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I was in your situation when I bought my first WRX. My only piece of (unsolicited, sorry) advice is to wait for a good deal. I ended up searching around for months, driving my grandmothers Buick in the process, until I found mine. But it was well worth the wait

And along with the websites Mikie13 listed, don't forget about craigslist either. Good luck!

i searched for a while and even though i was happy with what i had, always kept an eye out for a wrx and finally found one , went a test drove it on a thursday. sold my two cars privately that i had and drove away with it on tuesday lol

Good advice on patience...it took me a month and a half or so before I decided to pull the trigger on the current STI that I have. I didn't have to have a new (used) car, but I wanted one. So I waited til I found exactly what I want for a deal I couldn't pass up.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying