• Change the Air Intake

1 12.50%
  • More Carbon FIber

0 0%
  • Leave as is

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My first Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ever since i played the GT series on the Play Station 1-3 i fell in love with the Subaru WRX ...

I Support ClubWRX

My first Subaru

Ever since i played the GT series on the Play Station 1-3 i fell in love with the Subaru WRX STi and made it one of my life goal to eventually buy one but i had one big obstacle money. I wanted one since i was about 14 and six years later
    and after saving every nickel and dimes while attending Basic Training and AIT for the Army i finally got my baby

I bought the car from Atlantic Coast Autos located in Jacksonville, FL in December while on R&R from Afghanistan the dealer owner specialize in building custom STi's. He usually buys them stock then drop about 4k-7k on aftermarket parts, tunes them, and sells them. I bought my for $16,000 with all mods and love it!

Once I get back to the states i plan on cleaning up the engine bay, changing the air filter to a cold air intake, new tires and wheels and some major detailing. Once i get the spread sheet of all the mods that was done i will be able to provide a better description of what has been done to the car. Thank You for looking and glade to join the club
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0218.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	101484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0219.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	101485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	101486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0223.jpg 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	101487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	377568_1603081453473_1729227894_792772_984977103_n.jpg 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	101488

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    As of right now she is pushing about 475WHP more than enough for me. Looking to do more exterior and interior mods than increasing performance. Comments, advice, questions, complaints, lets hear them. Thank you for looking.

Welcome!

Wow...rotated! What all is done to it? And can't help but to kind of chuckle at the wheels (no offense)...I have the same ones on my 05 WRB STI, but only as my winter wheels since they aren't exactly good looking to me (previous owner had purchased them)...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Is the bottom end built if it really is pushing that much power??? (Rotated setups are generally good for 400+, so I don't doubt the power, obviously depending on which turbo specifically it is).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

I don't see these options in your poll so here goes...

Get rid of the sti wing and get the sti limited spoiler and then find a blue hood that matches your car....you will get less attention from people who want to race you. It will also give you more of a slick sleeper look too...if you are into that kind of stuff!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Welcome!

Wow...rotated! What all is done to it? And can't help but to kind of chuckle at the wheels (no offense)...I have the same ones on my 05 WRB STI, but only as my winter wheels since they aren't exactly good looking to me (previous owner had purchased them)...
    I lost the spreadsheet the guy gave me but mainly new engine block, turbo kit(@ 20psi of boost), forge pistons, clutch, headers, camshaft, more but i cant remember Tune and maps using Cobb Accessport and Gready turbo timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang876 View Post
    I lost the spreadsheet the guy gave me but mainly new engine block, turbo kit(@ 20psi of boost), forge pistons, clutch, headers, camshaft, more but i cant remember Tune and maps using Cobb Accessport and Gready turbo timer.
    Ahh not bad if all true...I can't imagine someone wasting a turbo like that just to blow an engine. With that much power, you are looking at a limited life span. 20lbs of boost seems low for what I assume is a GT35R turbo as well, but conservative. Find out who the tuner is...call the dealer back. I'd love to know more specs!

I voted new wheels and tires. With your power, you'd benefit from having an 8.5-9inch wide wheel (9 inch may require rear fender rolling). Those ASAs are only 8 inches.

But turning that into a bit more of a sleeper would be SICK!

I think you should take it to the strip and see what it does! I bet you could slay some vettes with that thing!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ahh not bad if all true...I can't imagine someone wasting a turbo like that just to blow an engine. With that much power, you are looking at a limited life span. 20lbs of boost seems low for what I assume is a GT35R turbo as well, but conservative. Find out who the tuner is...call the dealer back. I'd love to know more specs!

I voted new wheels and tires. With your power, you'd benefit from having an 8.5-9inch wide wheel (9 inch may require rear fender rolling). Those ASAs are only 8 inches.

But turning that into a bit more of a sleeper would be SICK!
    Yeah i should do that because as i was driving from the dealer i literally drove 8miles and was approach by two cars one honda civi si and Infiniti G35 Coup S. As for more specs and tuner my dad is swinging by his shop this weekend to pick new Tag i should have new spreadsheet of all the mods and his contact info. Also what should the life span of the engine be with this build? Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang876
    Also what should the life span of the engine be with this build? Thanks
    What do your compression/leakdown tests look like?

Datalogs?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    What do your compression/leakdown tests look like?

Datalogs?
    Potential party foul....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Potential party foul....
    I dont think so because i had the compression test done at Subaru of Jacksonville and they said everything was good. I dont plan on racing or doing anything beside driving around post and occasionally off during the weekends. Plus the i learned about the seller from countless recommendation from navy personnel from May port Naval Station which is near the dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang876 View Post
    I dont think so because i had the compression test done at Subaru of Jacksonville and they said everything was good. I dont plan on racing or doing anything beside driving around post and occasionally off during the weekends. Plus the i learned about the seller from countless recommendation from navy personnel from May port Naval Station which is near the dealership.

Well thats good, did they happen to tell you what the test results are?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.