new to me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on new to me within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok friends... my sti cel keep cumming and its showing code p0103...and it had the hallman mbc...BUT when i took ...

new to me

ok friends... my sti cel keep cumming and its showing code p0103...and it had the hallman mbc...BUT when i took the mbc off and hook it back too the stock one... the cel doesn't show any more...so dose this mean that the car was never tune for the mbc???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No, but it is unlikely that the car was tuned for the MBC from what you've said. In other words it does not necessarily follow that the car must have the wrong map from what you've stated so far, but it is also in my view unlikely that the car does have the right map for the parts fitted.

If you continue having problems you could post a complete list of modifications and a description of the problems in one of the maintenance or troubleshooting fora, for example.

Welcome.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

well when i bought the car the they didnt know anything about it...they jus told me that is has little modification from previous owner...when i took it home all i see was hallman mbc, xs tmic, and a full ex system from the turbo down...it also had a aftermarket high flow cat... plus it didnt come with any gauges so i really dont know how much psi its pushing...so i jus hook it back to the stock one...also i could feel power lost...when i took it mbc off...

i mean a XS fmic

I Support ClubWRX
    You really need to get datalogs and/or a retune, for peace of mind, if nothing else...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree. You need to sort out what map is being run and why. That will in turn tell you if you need to remap the car or not. I am betting you do.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks for the help....friends...anything else ill post up...

ookkkkkk...friends havent taken the car to tune yet waiting for tax $$...but i have big issue with this subbi now i think and im getting really ticked off about it.....ok this Monday i was on the way to pick up my daughter and i was doing normal driving and car was running good...got to a stop light..took off easily on 1st gear...went to 2nd and when the turbo started to spool around 4000rpm... when i switched it to 3rd the bov and wastegate opened!!! after that it started running like an non turbo car....no power at all...and couldnt hear the turbo...bout 3min later my cel shows p0102 p0113 p2096...so i thought its my maf...so i put in a new one and deleted the codes...after that i took it for a spend...and still runs like crap!!....so i started to take the intake manifold to remove the turbo inlet tube to check if my turbo is seized....but it still spins smoothly and no shaft play at all...i put everything back together...started the car and a new code comes out p2007...and this is the only code that will not go away...everytime i delete it and have the ignition to ON postion for like 10sec it comes right back....so tired of it..having all these issue already....PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!! Suggestion?.... HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO REPAIR??

I Support ClubWRX
    What are
    P2096
    P2007

The car is extensively modified from what you've written, and there are no datalogs. There isn't much info with which to offer help, much less estimate a repair cost.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    What are
    P2096
    P2007

The car is extensively modified from what you've written, and there are no datalogs. There isn't much info with which to offer help, much less estimate a repair cost.
    p2096- Post Catalyst Fuel Trim Too Lean Bank 1
    p2007- Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 2

how do you know the wastegate opens? Sounds to me the stock boost control system isn't there, especially since you took out an MBC (which probably replaced the stock BCS).

You really need to get to datalogged and tuned because it sounds like it doesn't have anything properly controlling the ECU based on the mods you have.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    how do you know the wastegate opens? Sounds to me the stock boost control system isn't there, especially since you took out an MBC (which probably replaced the stock BCS).

You really need to get to datalogged and tuned because it sounds like it doesn't have anything properly controlling the ECU based on the mods you have.
    i guess i can hear it before the bov opens...ionno much man...lol....well i took it to one of the shop here where i live and they do tuning for subbis and evos etc....the owner there had told me that the turbo in the my car is not a stock turbo...so to me i suggested that whoever owend this subbi before should be smart enough to get it tune already... i will take it for a retune but still waiting for $$

Yeaaaaaaah...the wastegate doesn't make noise. Unless you mean you hear your turbo spooling.

Maybe it was tuned for the MBC and you should put it back on? Hopefully if it did have all these mods including a turbo, then the owner should have been smart enough to get it tuned.

What was the original code when you had the MBC for again? Too lazy to google.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeaaaaaaah...the wastegate doesn't make noise. Unless you mean you hear your turbo spooling.

Maybe it was tuned for the MBC and you should put it back on? Hopefully if it did have all these mods including a turbo, then the owner should have been smart enough to get it tuned.

What was the original code when you had the MBC for again? Too lazy to google.
    p0103 when the mbc still on it...

MAF sensor issue...that could have something to do with intake system (what intake is on the car) or a faulty MAF itself. I'm not positive, but a MBC shouldn't have anything to do with the MAF.

Start with the basics of using some MAF cleaner and resetting the ECU. Also, try swapping your MAF with someone who you know has a working one to see if the issue is still there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast