Noob in FL...looking to buy my first Subaru soon. Looking for advice.

This is a discussion on Noob in FL...looking to buy my first Subaru soon. Looking for advice. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My name is Jesse, I live in Sarasota, FL (where we don't really need 4wd), and I'm looking at buying ...

Noob in FL...looking to buy my first Subaru soon. Looking for advice.

My name is Jesse, I live in Sarasota, FL (where we don't really need 4wd), and I'm looking at buying my first subaru soon.

I've been reading the forum for a little while and trying to gather as much info as I can.

My buddy bought a 2010 WRX Hatchback about a year ago and I absolutely love his car. I'm a car fanatic...I currently have a 2005 Dodge Magnum SXT (daily driver) and 1997 Camaro SS.

I own both these cars outright. I bought my magnum because I needed a car with lots of storage and I was driving a lot for my job. I recently got a new position, so I will be working in the local office. I like hatchbacks/wagons and I want a car that's not so boring to drive to and from work, but my Camaro is a bit much for daily driving.

Anyways...thats my story...I'm looking for used 2008-2011 WRX Sti 5-door. I've found a few here in FL. I'm going to look at one later today.

I'm not looking at buying new...I just feel that you lose so much money on new cars. The one I'm looking at today is Certified, but has about 41k on the odometer.

So...i'm looking for any input on what to look for and advice on purchasing an Sti. I read the other posts about what to look...I sold cars once before, so I know the game and what to look for in general...but I wanted some good input from actually subaru owners.

Hopefully, I'll be purchasing my first subaru.

- Jesse

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0110.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	101470

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0071.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	144.4 KB 
ID:	101471

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Find one that's stock.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Find one that's stock.
    That's my plan...the one I'm looking at is bone stock. It's a red, 2010 Sti, 40k on the odometer, but Certified to 100k for powertrain and the sales manager I spoke with said I can purchase a bumper-2-bumper additional warranty for around $1000. I know these are reliable cars, but I don't want to buy someone's terd. The 40k kinda scares me...but I'll be seeing it in person soon.

I know some people won't like this...but I plan on keeping it stock so I can have warranty on the vehicle (except for maybe some wheels/tires down the road). I'm gonna be driving it during the week (I live 2.1 miles from my office).

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jesup16 View Post
    I know some people won't like this...but I plan on keeping it stock so I can have warranty on the vehicle (except for maybe some wheels/tires down the road). I'm gonna be driving it during the week (I live 2.1 miles from my office).
    That's probably the best plan you can have. Whether or not you stick to that plan is a different story altogether.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

^ LOL...probably would stick to the plan for a while. As you can see, I do have another car (money pit). I'm not sure if any can resist the 'modding-bug'. But I do want to have warranty, too. All that I added to my magnum was a set of wheels, and the front fascia from the SRT8 magnum. Drivetrain and engine wise it is stock (except a K&N drop in replacement filter...which I'm sure is good for like 50 hp, right?). It's been out of warranty, and it's time for a refresh.

The Camaro is my everlong project. I will trade or sell the magnum, even though it has been a great car to me. Essentially, I want an Sti to replace the roll of my magnum.