I didn't get a wrx... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on I didn't get a wrx... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Seems like a night and day difference in cars. Congrats dude...

Seems like a night and day difference in cars. Congrats dude
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    You know the dealer doesn't come with the car, right? Most dealers aren't too fond of me by the time I get done haggling them. Sorry, but I just don't approve of this choice.
    I understand the dealership doesn't come with the car, but when dealers reply back saying "No thanks"...I don't really know where to go from there. When I started negotiating the price with the Mustang, I actually got a call from one of the Subaru dealership saying they received a WRX early. I told them I would think about it and call them back. They said and I quote, "No. No. We are not going to give you the option of doing that. All right?" and he hung up. So by then I was pretty "turned off" by that kind of dealerships (the ones that had WRXs). And plus I spent about 2-3 months researching and looking around and negotiating so I wasn't going to deal with "WRXs are rare and we are going to jack up the price just for the hell of it". Don't get me wrong, I was OBSESSED with Subaru. And I still like Subaru. I'm sorry you don't approve of this choice...

Rage-wrx,

my initial price range for a Subaru was 24k. Was willing to go 25k, but dealerships would not sell any lower than 27k (for base model) and all the other ones were premium model loaded with options so it was like 31k+. I got the stang for 26k (2 options:security system and rear censor. But ended up getting a car without the censor so they are giving around 600 back to us). Of course there was tax and title fees, but I feel good knowing that I am driving a 30k worth of a car and not having paid more than 30k, if not less.

Again, I'm NOT trying to start any flame wars. Subaru is great!!! But I just didn't necessarily need some of things Subaru could offer. If this thread becomes problem for many people then I will just delete it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Meh, no flame wars. I know a lot of people on here, myself included have a lot of respect for what Ford is doing right now. There are several Ford's I'd buy right now given the funds.

I'm sorry about your bad experience with the Subaru dealer. Thay aren't all that bad, I promise.

All that being said, if you really wanted a Subaru, did you consider a private party sale, or was brand new part of your criteria?

Congrats! The Mustang will definitely be fun.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Nice Mustang, A friend of mine had at mid 90's GT back in the day, It was a real fun car. Good times...

I know what you are saying about dealers, I really wanted to get a VW GTI, and had similar dealer stories. It really turns you off of the whole brand. The Subaru dealer I went to was awesome though and couldn't be happier, $23,795 no haggling, btw. I still check out GTI's on the road and kind of wonder what could have been though.

Did they have any of the Boss 302's on the lot? I have not seen any in person but from what I have read in magazines they are awesome cars.
    Last edited by hagen505; 01-06-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: one more question

Quote Originally Posted by ihavefat View Post
    They said and I quote, "No. No. We are not going to give you the option of doing that. All right?" and he hung up. So by then I was pretty "turned off" by that kind of dealerships (the ones that had WRXs). And plus I spent about 2-3 months researching and looking around and negotiating so I wasn't going to deal with "WRXs are rare and we are going to jack up the price just for the hell of it". Don't get me wrong, I was OBSESSED with Subaru. And I still like Subaru. I'm sorry you don't approve of this choice...
    that seems weird. i like to use dealers against one another so from the get go its "hey, just to let you know i want invoice or less, i know the game, and you won't make much off of me but the trade off is you wont get any hassle from me". if you order the car it seems that renders any claim about rarity null and void. i guess if you couldn't order the car that changes things but meh.

i've gone to a subaru dealership twice for test drives. once in 09 and then last month. the manager didn't like my description of the 09 WRX's handling as "boaty and dissapointing" but they were still pretty cool and the last one was very chill, best test drive i've ever had actually, and they haven't hounded me but im sure they'd work with me if i was playing ball right now.

there are bad dealers but its 70% how you look 20% how you say it and 10% what you say. being upfront and honest about not taking up their time goes a LONG way with a salesman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Meh, no flame wars. I know a lot of people on here, myself included have a lot of respect for what Ford is doing right now. There are several Ford's I'd buy right now given the funds.

I'm sorry about your bad experience with the Subaru dealer. Thay aren't all that bad, I promise.

All that being said, if you really wanted a Subaru, did you consider a private party sale, or was brand new part of your criteria?

Congrats! The Mustang will definitely be fun.

Sent using Tapatalk
    I did consider a private sale. I actually found a great deal (23.5k for '11 wrx with 3000 miles) but the owner still had a lien on it. It was either he pays it off first before selling or us paying it off before doing any kind of title transferring. It got even more complicated because the owner lived in another state and apparently receiving a loan from another state complicates things.

Quote Originally Posted by hagen505 View Post
    Nice Mustang, A friend of mine had at mid 90's GT back in the day, It was a real fun car. Good times...

I know what you are saying about dealers, I really wanted to get a VW GTI, and had similar dealer stories. It really turns you off of the whole brand. The Subaru dealer I went to was awesome though and couldn't be happier, $23,795 no haggling, btw. I still check out GTI's on the road and kind of wonder what could have been though.

Did they have any of the Boss 302's on the lot? I have not seen any in person but from what I have read in magazines they are awesome cars.
    They had a Shelby gt500 parked next to the entrance. I found it a bit odd that all the cars in the lot and inside the building were unlocked except for all the mustangs (and a Camaro SS in the used parking lot). I have never test drove a Boss 302 or Shelby but I'm sure they are great. Yesterday morning, I was cleaning my car and a neighbor came by and complimented on the car. He was telling me how his cousin had a Shelby and it has 460 hp. I just checked and the new Shelby has 550....so maybe his cousin has an older model(?)

It's been a blast driving it. Just the other day, I was driving behind another GT and this camaro cut in front of me. I have never been part of any car gang or anything so it was kind of fun lol! Oh and yesterday I was stuck in traffic and this really old Camaro slowly passed me and revved real loud. I think it was kind of a friendly revv so I revved back Lol! I am definitely getting attention from other muscle car enthuasists, and I noticed my car turns heads whether it is for being loud or for its looks. I see many mustangs...but they all tend to be women driving 3.7 stangs

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ihavefat View Post
    He was telling me how his cousin had a Shelby and it has 460 hp. I just checked and the new Shelby has 550....so maybe his cousin has an older model(?)
    It may have been the 07-08 Shelby GT, they were a glorified mustang gt that you could put power adders on such as superchargers.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    It may have been the 07-08 Shelby GT, they were a glorified mustang gt that you could put power adders on such as superchargers.
    that wasn't a shelby GT, they had about 300hp like the gt's. the first modern gt500 had like 500hp i think.
    Last edited by Makotoseven; 01-07-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makotoseven View Post
    that wasn't a shelby GT, they had about 300hp like the gt's. the first modern gt500 had like 500hp i think.
    Ever see that episode of top gear where they throw the GT500 on the dyno? They renamed it the GT "almost" 500.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If I lived somewhere further south, I wouldn't be in my WRX. The mustang or camaro would be very high on my list of cars I would be owning.

Subaru's are great - but you pay a penalty for turbo AWD.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Nice choice, I like the new Mustangs but like you said I don't care for how many are on the roads. I see V6 Mustangs being daily driven everywhere in my area.

A friend of mine has a 2011 GT 5.0 and his brother has a 2011 Shelby GT500 and the 5.0 has been pounded at the track since brand new without breaking anything yet so I wouldn't be too worried about reliability. I drove the car and it's very impressive but feels kind of big compared to my wrx which feels light and nimble. With just an intake, exhaust, tune, drag wheels/tire's and a damn good driver it managed an 11.48 @ 121mph 1/4 mile pass with temps in the 50's.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
    Ever see that episode of top gear where they throw the GT500 on the dyno? They renamed it the GT "almost" 500.
    yeah, i guess overseas cars are supposed to have 0% drivetrain loss.

Thumbs up

Man, that sucks that the dealers did you like that. I just ordered a '12 WRX premium for the price those guys quoted you for the base. Internet sales guy priced it at 500 over invoice which was fine for me. Those Fords do look nice but I'm like you said earlier. I don't like how many people have them. I want something that's more rare.

Nice pick up and hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Makotoseven View Post
    yeah, i guess overseas cars are supposed to have 0% drivetrain loss.
    Hey, I thought it was funny. After all, certain muscle car manufacturers were notorious for sandbagging the HP rating for insurance purposes. I know I have seen muscle cars measure with more wheel horsepower than their rated brake horsepower before.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoopyTRB View Post
    Man, that sucks that the dealers did you like that. I just ordered a '12 WRX premium for the price those guys quoted you for the base. Internet sales guy priced it at 500 over invoice which was fine for me. Those Fords do look nice but I'm like you said earlier. I don't like how many people have them. I want something that's more rare.

Nice pick up and hope you enjoy it!

Thank you!! I'm glad you got a pretty good deal on your premium WRX! You know it's funny because I see Mustangs everywhere, but not ANYONE I know owns a mustang, or any kind of muscle car for that matter.

One of the things I'm really liking about this Mustang is that they recommend regular gasoline. I read many debates on this and I just deicided to put premium for better mileage and such. But I like knowing it won't really hurt the engine or anything if I did put regular.

My friend, who owned a '11 WRX, was giving me advice on driving manual and he said the car didn't feel as fast as his WRX. But he did say the stock gearbox was perfect, and didn't think I would need an aftermarket short shifter. I keep telling myself I would never need to modd or upgrade, but my friend keeps telling me I will soon get used to the power and will want to. We will see

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.