JDM Right side drive Bugeye
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on JDM Right side drive Bugeye within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone I'm new to clubWRX but I have a question. I have a rightside drive impreza bugeye and I'm ...

JDM Right side drive Bugeye

Hi everyone I'm new to clubWRX but I have a question. I have a rightside drive impreza bugeye and I'm curious as to how much I could score for a REAL JDM Impreza. again I'm just looking for ballpark. Most importers charge upwards of 40-60k to import and convert a car to US DOT SPEC. Im not looking to charge anywhere near that much but I feel wih the labor and shipping 20-30k sounds reasonable and it's well maintained and is a low mileage scooby. Any input is appreciated!!!!!
    Thanks in advance!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not your target audience admittedly but I'd never consider a car that's not LHD, because I don't deliver mail and have no reason to want to sit on the wrong side of the car.

There are members here and elsewhere that have done what you propose as a business, and they will be more helpful; I responded just to point out that opinions on how desirable a Japanese car is can vary dramatically.

If I lived in Cyprus my opinion would be different.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Anyone that spends 20-30K on a USED Impreza that was 20-30K when NEW (10 years ago) very evidently requires mental rehabilitation.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

That seems very high, I know in Canada we can get a 1996 model Version 3 STI Wagon with 57,500 original kilometers for about $7K. I use that as a example because there was one for sale not too long ago.

Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    you do know this is a discussion one RHD JDM cars correct? KBB is irrelevant
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    you do know this is a discussion one RHD JDM cars correct? KBB is irrelevant
    Yes, why would you pay more for a car that's been modified? Modification doesn't add value for 99% of the public
    Stink eye mob #727

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Yes, why would you pay more for a car that's been modified? Modification doesn't add value for 99% of the public
    He isn't talking about a modified car, he is talking about a JDM (Japanese) Subaru. The car itself isn't what is going to cost 30k. Importing a car is very expensive after getting it legalized in the states. The OP was very clear about only wanting a "REAL JDM Impreza" So the cost of a USDM WRX is irrelevant
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Reading is fundamental!

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    He isn't talking about a modified car, he is talking about a JDM (Japanese) Subaru. The car itself isn't what is going to cost 30k. Importing a car is very expensive after getting it legalized in the states. The OP was very clear about only wanting a "REAL JDM Impreza" So the cost of a USDM WRX is irrelevant
    My mistake
    Stink eye mob #727

I know when it boils down to it, it will be the individual who wants it and how much they are willing to pay for it. I just don't wanna get low balled if I do decide to sell it. By the same token I don't intend to screw someone over. I just figured with all the BS, 20-30k would be reasonable if targeting the right crowd.

I have it lol

But even then 15k sounds fair but idk I'm an F-body guy. New to the Subaru world.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Reading is fundamental!
    emphasis on FUN!
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ralph!!! View Post
    ... if targeting the right crowd.
    Exactly - right hand drive vehicles are unique and someone might want to pay good money for it. Whether that's worth the premium over LHD to the majority of buyers is likely a big no, but that's not what you are asking. I bet there are subi aficionados that would love a JDM model in the US. As I understand it, it would not have to be converted to be street legal, correct?
    2012 WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.