JDM Right side drive Bugeye - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on JDM Right side drive Bugeye within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; They use 91 octane out here as well. Lol and no I'm not some ricer I'm a v8 guy. I ...

They use 91 octane out here as well. Lol and no I'm not some ricer I'm a v8 guy. I just figured IF I decide to sell it how much do you all as avid scoobie owners think I could get for it. It'll be completely legal in the states. If I recall correctly the owner must have an endorsement on his or her license to drive a car that's RHD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love this it's almost as bad as one of our oh so competent pilots almost killing me with the rotorhead on one of our helicopters while I was taxiing him into spot! Go figure a degree in wine tasting will qualify you as being an officer in the military.. A PILOT AT THAT!!!!!!!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Well I wouldn't buy it at all, so there's my $0.02
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I'm not going to lie I want to keep it... Just curious was all. Thank you for the input!

To Rambo
    I didn't think this would raise so much controvarsy lol

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    JDM Doesn't make it more valuable to me. It's worth what a USDM car is worth as it serves the same purpose. Otherwise you get stuck overpaying for a car that you can't sell and make money on.
    So by your logic, I should be able to get a Porsche 911 GT3 for the exact same price because it serves the exact same purpose as every other car on the road.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    So by your logic, I should be able to get a Porsche 911 GT3 for the exact same price because it serves the exact same purpose as every other car on the road.
    Bad comparison. There is a market for rare Porsches in the US, so the demand will drive the price up. Here is something rare, but unfortunately doesn't enjoy much demand (at least based on most of the responses here).

Maybe Leno would buy it?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    not gonna lie...this thread has been entertaining.
    the whole second page has had me laughing out loud...

so you modified a JDM bugeye to LHD for having there, and now you want to get a USDM bugeye and convert to RHD for here? did I follow this correctly?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Bad comparison. There is a market for rare Porsches in the US, so the demand will drive the price up. Here is something rare, but unfortunately doesn't enjoy much demand (at least based on most of the responses here).
    Hence the whole point of the OP's post, to find out whether there might be a demand. We just confused the issue.
    2012 WRX

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Maybe Leno would buy it?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    There is a market for everything. RHD WRX/STIs are just a smaller market.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I think he wants to buy the car...
    Whats your problem?? Next time read the post and I won't have to correct you three times.

OP - Were this a JDM WRX from the late 90's or really anything pre-bugeye it would be much easier for you to find a willing market, hell even a Bugeye STI. But since there are very minimal differences in the JDM bugeye WRX and USDM version it is tougher for people to justify 3x the price tag. I don't think your cause is lost, just a tougher sell. Where are you actually located? If its Japan (or any other overseas market), what is the going price for your vehicle there? If its the states then you may consider parting out the car if you can't find a buyer.

Mikie - I was still a ways from freaking out but I was thoroughly annoyed. I was even confused in the beginning so the first couple confused responses didn't bother me. It was the continued confusion after it had been cleared up multiple times that got me.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Let's not get upset over this, not worth the trouble.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The car as of now Is located with me in Japan end of
    The year it'll be in san Diego when I transfer out of here. The car was going for 8k here then labor and Money I've put in to make it US DOT legal was another 4k.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Gotcha. I would imagine if your patient you could expect between 15-20k to the right seller. Any higher than that is going to be difficult to get and getting to that range may take some time.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

That's kind of what I was thinking. That's why Im asking around because like I said I'm new o the world of scoobies, I want input from everyone I kind of figured 20-30k was a little far fetched but 15 is a fair price not making much profit at all. So whom ever were to want it would get it for a decent price.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.