JDM Right side drive Bugeye - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on JDM Right side drive Bugeye within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To be honest, most Subaru owners (or prospective Subaru owners) are not the "JDM y0!" type of crowd. If you ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    To be honest, most Subaru owners (or prospective Subaru owners) are not the "JDM y0!" type of crowd. If you had a RHD Integra or Skyline, I'm sure there would be a market. As far as Subaru owners, you'll probably have a very difficult time selling the car at your price-point.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will be taking care ofthat all it needs is doors glass ECM tune to meet EPA standards and bumpers. It's done. So as soon as it's in the states, register it take it in for emissions testing and done.

Yeah thank god!!!! I'm a chevy guy i have a 98 camaro SS I use for autox I love the car, so even if I don't sell it I'm just as happy with keeping the li'l guy they're so much fun haha

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    To be honest, most Subaru owners (or prospective Subaru owners) are not the "JDM y0!" type of crowd. If you had a RHD Integra or Skyline, I'm sure there would be a market. As far as Subaru owners, you'll probably have a very difficult time selling the car at your price-point.
    On the same note, RHD Imprezas are pretty unique and I'd personally own one, but not for 20-30k. I'd probably base what I'd be willing to pay on how much it would cost to get a new front clip and swap to a RHD.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

All you need is a firewall. Which if you are that serious I'm sure I could track one down for you.

To answer your question no just safety equipment glass doors bumpers. which is done. Their glass shatters. Not pretty lol

Happened to my Silvia S14 before I junked it.

I Support ClubWRX
    RHD is unique, sure, but not worth $20k-$30k. Might be handy for a rural mail driver, like the RHD mail service Cherokees I see pop up on CL from time to time.

To the OP: If you want to sell this and import a full JDM car with the intent to drive it on the road, please realize this is feasibly impossible for the average joe to do. I actually looked at getting a Skyline imported last time I was in Japan. It's just not feasible, and Uncle Sam has a history of seizeing and eventually crushing JDM gray market cars, even ones the owners believed were legally imported. You can't register it as a kit car, you can't bring it from Canada, blah, blah, blah.

If you like RHD, then keep the converted car you've got, maybe plan for a JDM engine swap someday and relish in the fact that you drive something unique and interesting, just my $.02.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

If you like RHD, then keep the converted car you've got, maybe plan for a JDM engine swap someday and relish in the fact that you drive something unique and interesting, just my $.02.
    His car is not converted. It is JDM.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Let me post this to hopefully clear up all the confusion. I am nearly positive the OP is SELLING a TRUE JDM bugeye. He is not looking to buy, he has not converted a LHD Bugeye to RHD, it came like that as it is JDM. This also means it would have a JDM motor. He is asking what we think he could sell the car for in the US.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    He is asking what we think he could sell the car for in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Reading is fundamental!

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Oh for f-s sake...
    2012 WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    KBB isn't for JDM vehicles, which has been stated before, but the OP is selling to a very niché market. KBB is irrelavent for this discussion as it is with most modified vehicles. Just because I can turn around and sell my 06 WRX with all it's mods to that one guy that wants my exact setup doesn't make the car worth more. All the KBB or NADA value is going to do is determine how much insurance will pay out if you get in a wreck.

are some of these replies serious?? It is a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) vehicle. Read the ENTIRE thread before posting.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast