My First Subaru, a WRX. This will be something different than the rest...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My First Subaru, a WRX. This will be something different than the rest... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, finally picked up a WRX... in a form most of you wouldn't expect. But I'm glad to be ...

Exclamation My First Subaru, a WRX. This will be something different than the rest...

Hey guys, finally picked up a WRX... in a form most of you wouldn't expect.

But I'm glad to be part of clubwrx now.

---2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Sports Wagon---

Here the beauty lies:

So, heres the story.

It runs through the family to buy wrecked cars and fix them and then possibly sell them.
    So, I ended up buying this beast for $1,900 pulled out of the auction.
    Clear Title - 106k Miles
    A great buy IMHO.

I'm in the process of buying parts for it at the moment.
    I just want to ask a few questions and discuss some things and possibly get opinions.

pictures of more detailed damage:
    --Busted Intake Manifold--

Stick to a used stock manifold?

--Broken mounting tabs for PS Pump, Alternator, and AC Compressor--
    the alternator broke off when it was hit

I was told it could be welded (I found some of the missing pieces of the cracked holes for the bolts) and some of them could be threaded a bit more and used like that.

??TILTED ENGINE??
    The engine looks slightly tilted back. I don't know if they're designed like this, or maybe the motor mounts bent. Help please

Aftermarket parts the previous owner must have installed, if you could help me by identifying and explaining each:
    -Invidia exhaust? Looks like its a whole new pipe under the car, not just the muffler.

-GT Spec rear sway bar

-Theres a short shifter on this with a momo knob. (don't know if thats stock)

-Boost Gauge, is it stock?

-Intercooler, it looks stock but the tube piping connection (sorry, dont know all my car vocab yet) doesn't look stock.

Any advice, help, or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by DJMogovan; 01-01-2012 at 11:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Those broken tabs may require you to purchase a new short block. Tilted motor, I can't tell by my iPhone, the subframe underneath may be bent resulting in it sitting weird. Take a pic of the turbo charger, is this car tuned or is that just a catback exhaust? Invidia is a great brand.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I have no idea if it was tuned. I looked at the turbo, but I can't tell if it's a different downpipe. I think there's still a cat 2in. away from the turbo.(stock right?)

I'll see if I can get better pictures tomorrow about the tilted engine and exhaust.

Thanks!

I have no idea if it was tuned. I looked at the turbo, but I can't tell if it's a different downpipe. I think there's still a cat 2in. away from the turbo.(stock right?)

I'll see if I can get better pictures tomorrow about the tilted engine and exhaust.

Thanks!

UPDATE

she starts!!!

First Start - YouTube

Just need to order a few hoses for the radiator and power steering, and off to Body!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.