New Member - Ontario Canada
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Member - Ontario Canada within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all I have been lurking here for a while and have been enjoying some great reads and pictures! My ...

New Member - Ontario Canada

Hello all

I have been lurking here for a while and have been enjoying some great reads and pictures! My lease is almost up on my 08 Altima SE and I am dying to get myself into a 12 WRX 5 door. I have driven an 11 STI but that was a while ago and I think it has left my memory enough for me to get the "lesser" WRX. I called our local dealer (Gemini Motors)for a test drive today but there was snow on the roads so they wouldn't let them out for test drives. I have until the middle of February for this lease to be up and I can't wait, only need the test drive to seal the deal in my mind.

Thanks
    Clip.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

Your dealer won't let you test drive because there is snow on the roads?Mine wouldn't let me test drive even in the dry.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks rage.

They have a few on the lot but none of them have snow tires, was thinking about calling a few other dealers to see if they have any they would let me drive but then I opened a beer.

I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't think about the tires.The cars are not driveable on the stock summers in the snow.

That is a problem if you want to test drive.Best bet would be to test drive a used 09+. Something with winter or all season tires.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I bought my '11 in October and when I asked for a test drive the SA was hesitant. He said something about the fact they only do short test drives so as to not put miles on the WRX's. He let me take it on a VERY short drive for a couple of miles. As for the STI, forget about test driving that. My friend's brother screwed that up for everyone when he took an STI out and ended up wrecking it.

Haha, I do not plan on test driving another STI because my car payments will go up if I do that. I think I will be perfectly happy with regular WRX. I have been reading on this forum for the last week and I like most of the people (based on their posts) so I am pretty sure I will be sticking around.

Now to go to the weather network to see when the next snowless day will be so I can actually take one out.

Yeah I got a test drive in my sti. They were actually pushing it on me. And your right it is a hand full on the 18' summer tiers in the snow!! But I love the car so far

finally got my test drive in today as the weather held out and the roads were reasonably dry. I have made my decision, talked them in to 1500 off and they threw in the roof rails for the ski rack. They are now searching the province of a 2012 DGM WRX and they figure that they should have it in time for when my lease expires on my altima on February 15th.

Now I have to go searching for some winter tires and rims to get me through this winter.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome

I'm in canada this week for work and I saw a WRB base impreza drive by today, I was kinda confused
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

why where you confused? is that not a common colour?

thanks for the welcomes all, cant wait until Feb 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Clipless View Post
    why where you confused? is that not a common colour?

thanks for the welcomes all, cant wait until Feb 15th
    Its not common for base imprezas in the US, only for wrx/sti
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

right, I didn't read your post close enough. I understand your confusion now.

YEE HAAWW just seen my new WRX at the dealership when I dropped off some winter rims and tires. So pumped I get to pick it up tomorrow.

Oh and its going to snow tomorrow, I think its Christmas finally!

ah the cars are complety drivable with stock tires...just cant drive insane...live in ND and most here know the grip and ice...although in NY you get much more snow if your by the lake...but this year we are down about 30 inches...we have only had 4 inches this year...and it just dropped below 40 degree highs...way weird for us...usually 10 below...but i like it...Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I didn't think about the tires.The cars are not driveable on the stock summers in the snow.

That is a problem if you want to test drive.Best bet would be to test drive a used 09+. Something with winter or all season tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast