2011 WRX - Condensation in the headlights...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX - Condensation in the headlights... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up a 2011 WRX DMG last week and noticed condensation in both headlights. It has been below 0 ...

2011 WRX - Condensation in the headlights...

Just picked up a 2011 WRX DMG last week and noticed condensation in both headlights. It has been below 0 degrees for the past few days but regardless I dont think there should be condensation. Is this a known issue? I didnt notice any condensation on the lights of any of the cars on the lot..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    its not normal. go back to the dealer and tell them.

Im new to this forum. It sounds libut an annoying broken seal but should be a straightforward warranty repair. My issue is that headlights are just too weak. I have 2011 wrx base model with crappy lights; I wish there was xenon light option.

Banned
    Then get hire output bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by atjan View Post
    Just picked up a 2011 WRX DMG last week and noticed condensation in both headlights. It has been below 0 degrees for the past few days but regardless I dont think there should be condensation. Is this a known issue? I didnt notice any condensation on the lights of any of the cars on the lot..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00518-20111229-1051.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	101318Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00519-20111229-1051.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	101319Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00522-20111229-1332.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	101320

Yeah that doesn't look good. Def not normal. Take it back to the dealership.

Are the black twist on caps on? Pop the hood and look behind the headlight there should be a twist on cap covering the headlight
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Quote Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
    Then get hire output bulbs.
    There are many options to fix your lights, I've been doing my own research. I did the H11 to H9 conversion, but there are other ways.

See my thread:

New Subaru Owner (Finally!) - Help with Lights!
    2012 WRX

Allready? Did you buy it used? If it hasn't been tinkered with, then take it into the dealer and have them warranty it... If the dealer gives you the run around then call SOA....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Dealer responded letting me know that this is a known issue and will not be covered under warranty. They sent me a copy of the service bulletin dated 2008.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image2012-01-05-021311.jpg  

Yeah unfortionatly i have the same problem. Took my car to several dealerships and now i work at one. They gave me a print out showing it is a known issue that is not under warrenty. I plan on takeing mine out and resealing them. Hopefully it will work. I dont personally know why they let in condensation but your not alone. The techs at my work cant figure it out either(not only why there is condensation in my headlight but why subaru would put out a product like that that isnt covered. Anyway i also had to replace a headlight due to it getting smashed out but i had it replaced with an oem headlight, which unfortionatly also lets condensation in.

However here is the wierd part i think you might find interesting...

This was at a show, the car was in the sun and it spit only a couple rain drops. Those are the raindrops on the headlights but where they landed you can see the condensation that formed in a matter of seconds. It was the only time this happend and i thought that was messed up lol

If you bake em and re seal correctly it should go away.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ I disagree with you on that one.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Why do you disagree? What else could be the issue? One of mines gets condensation in it sometimes but I figured it was from when I did my retrofit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    ^^ I disagree with you on that one.
    Got the car with moisture in the headlights. Got CCFL angel eyes installed. After that the moisture never came back. End of story.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.