02 Bugeye Scooby

This is a discussion on 02 Bugeye Scooby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well just saying im new to the forum and plan on having this WRX for a long time so some ...

Cool 02 Bugeye Scooby

Well just saying im new to the forum and plan on having this WRX for a long time so some of the people who view this thread ill probably talk to. Im 20 years old and from PA, about 40 mins north of Philly. Ive always wanted a Subaru and finally got one after having a few vechicles. Ive had a chevy blazer(sold due to gas prices), a 98 civic( totaled by being rear ended), 96 jeep cherokee(crashed sliding out on a mountain road in the rain), a 95 cherokee(my truest love with a vehcile, sold so i could buy the scooby), 93 240sx( sold cuz clutch was going adnd so i could buy scooby). and have also had a 96 harley sportster and now have a 04 GSXR 1000. so ive had my fair share of vehicles and 2 motorcycles. i hope to buy my old jeep back once i pay my car off, but probably just a dream

Project Shelly: the 4x4Turtle - Jeep Cherokee Forum

there is a link to the build thread of my jeep incase anybody is into jeeps or wants to see

so some stuff about the subaru, its an 02 with 72k miles. just changed the oil to 10w-30 full syn yesterday at exactly 72k miles. my friend gave me a turbo xs 5050 bov for free when i bought the car so i put that on. sounded cool. no purpose, but it was free. made CEL go on so took it off and bought an injen intake and put that on. sounds nice, can hear it spool louder and blow off even with the stock diverter valve back on. bought the injen intake, a cobb heat shield and a spectre airfliter for 130$, not bad i guess.

So driving home the other day CEL goes on again. at this time i only have the intake on the car that is aftermarket. usually intakes dont make the CEL come on but subarus could be different. just getting into these kinds of cars. so go check the code and its the P0457 Evap emission system leak detected code. loose gas cap. thats the code it has been before when i thought it was the BOV. so reset the CEL and bought a new gas cap. due to searching this forum and others i realize its probably not the gas cap, so ill take that back and get my 10$ back, but it might be the blue T connector that some hoses conect to. so at work a few mins ago went out to the wrx and had a peek under the hood and i saw that the bottom hose on the T connector is off. i can tell its gonna be a PITA to put back on. but hopefully it holds. think its a vacuum line but not sure. could be why my car has a somewhat rough idle but has power and runs fine. so idk. fix that problem today or tomorrow.

so now that u know alittle more about me and my car hope to meet some of yall on the forum

heres some pics of scooby and my old cars. enjoy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

also plans for car are
    -fix CEL from going on
    -rally armor mudflaps
    -tint windows, 20%rears D&P, 35% rear window and front D&P, 5% front window up top
    -black out tail lights with VHT nightshade
    -eyelids with silver vinyl
    -get spolier on trunk take off, debadged and fresh paint, has two big scratches on it
    - new rear bumper cover, its all scratched
    - front lip
    -sideskirts painted silver
    -rims-not sure what kind yet, i like how it rides so might stick with 16's or go 17's
    -possibly coilovers, but i like how it rides not and its my daily so need it for the snow so cant be slammed.
    - and thats all i can think of now besides exhaust and other bolt ons.

welcome. I see you're next to the pagoda in that one shot. I live in Reading as well!

Quote Originally Posted by 98sob View Post
    welcome. I see you're next to the pagoda in that one shot. I live in Reading as well!
    yea i just take the drive up there every now and then but live near the limerick power plant area

Welcome to the club!
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

My 02 was throwing the same CEL and it turns out my computer needed to be reflashed by the dealer and since I have had any problems. Just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendowagon View Post
    My 02 was throwing the same CEL and it turns out my computer needed to be reflashed by the dealer and since I have had any problems. Just a heads up.
    yea i read that they would sometimes fix it but i noticed on of the hoses is off the little blue T connector so thats usually the problem and im going to put it back on after work and see if i can maybe ziptie it tight or something. but hopefully CEL wont go on again. :/

well that day after work went and fixed the hose off of the blue connector and car seems to have a more stable idle and CEL hasnt come back on yet. just an update

OP needs to get moar low.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Welcome! If you're free there is a Victory meet coming up, you can find the thread in the Tri-State forum. It's a really good time, you should try to make it out and meet some of the guys!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to ClubWRX! If you need information on how to upload pictures, please read our FAQ
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/