Ride difference between STI and non STI (comfort wise) 2012

This is a discussion on Ride difference between STI and non STI (comfort wise) 2012 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Looking to get my first Subaru here shortly. It will be the 2012 WRX ink the hatchback, either the ...

Ride difference between STI and non STI (comfort wise) 2012

Hello

Looking to get my first Subaru here shortly. It will be the 2012 WRX ink the hatchback, either the STI or the standard WRX.

I have been able to find and drive the STI, but not been able to find a regular WRX yet to drive. My question is on the ride comfort.

As far as daily driver ride comfort goes, is there a big difference? Will the regular WRX be a lot more comfortable for non aggressive daily driver use?

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not sure about the ride of a new WRX but the ride of the STI is nice and not an issue as a DD!

The STI has better handing and brakes than the regular WRX, i have a WRX and it is very comfortable. The only difference between the STI and WRX is the 40 hp and the Handling. Stick with the WRX in my opinion.

What are you going to be using the car for? Any track or autox time, or just a daily driver? What kind of cars have you owned before that have stiffer than normal suspensions?

FWIW, the new STI has a much more comfortable daily driver ride than the older ones. My '04 was much harsher than my '11, which really has a very comfortable ride as a daily driver. I'm at 12k miles now in less than a year on it and even my mom commented how much nicer it was than my '04 when she drove it.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading