New here 2011 DGM WRX Sedan - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New here 2011 DGM WRX Sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by liss87 Well this car is definitely the best handling thing I have ever driven. Up to this ...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liss87 View Post
    Well this car is definitely the best handling thing I have ever driven. Up to this point I have had a mustang and the trans am and a jeep wrangler for my daily. Obviously not the best handling cars in the world lol. The most thing I find different is the control. The trans am always made me nervous being a rear wheel drive car and not putting the power to the ground well. It usually blew threw the tires into 3rd with my 4.10 gears. So I love that I can get on this and not feel like going to go sideways immediatly lol. It's hard to compare a car that made 520hp to the wheels to 265hp at the crank . Boost wise the trans am with the procharger had very little lag at all as soon as it hit 4,000 rpms it went like a bat out of hell but I would never dream of doing any corners ugh body roll was terrible. I like how small the wrx is. I feel it's more my size lol. I'm not a very big girl so I always felt like I was driving a boat in the TA lolol.
    Thanks for your thoughts on the car. The TA sounds like it was fun when you wanted it to be. Driving a V8 and a Boxer 4 are very different experiences. I do miss the massive torque I had down low, but I don't miss the terrible handling that I had (It was a 98 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9 in it - a rare beast). Have fun in the corners, and there is plenty of power to play with.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club!
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts on the car. The TA sounds like it was fun when you wanted it to be. Driving a V8 and a Boxer 4 are very different experiences. I do miss the massive torque I had down low, but I don't miss the terrible handling that I had (It was a 98 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9 in it - a rare beast). Have fun in the corners, and there is plenty of power to play with.
    They didn't make many of those lol. Yeah I can't imagine the handling was great lol
    2011 Premium DGM WRX

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liss87 View Post
    They didn't make many of those lol. Yeah I can't imagine the handling was great lol
    Yeah, it handled like a big pig, but once things straightened out it was fun. Nobody ever knew what it was, so when it went by the unsuspecting they always seemed a bit confused. There is nothing quite like 4WD for a great start from a dig.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12