Hi everyone
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hi everyone within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, I have been a member of this forum for a while now and finally decided to purchase a ...

Smile Hi everyone

Hi everyone, I have been a member of this forum for a while now and finally decided to purchase a WRX.

I originally planned to buy it back in Oct. but decided to wait for Dec. for better pricing and such. I have contacted about 10 dealerships around my location. I am looking for either '11 or '12 OBP WRX base sedan but apparently there is only one black '11 model in CT and there are only 14 '12 models in the country. If I were to place an order, it'd come as early as Feb. and I just don't think I can wait that long.

My top color choices are OBP, silver, white, and wrb. But when I checked the inventory of all the dealerships, I could only find silver or white. I know OBP gets dirty real fast but I am actually looking forward to cleaning and taking care of the car (LOL I am weird). I know silver hides imperfections really well but I feel as if it'd take all the fun out of washing the car everyweek and detailing it from time to time.

I am not going to track the car or anything, it'll just be my daily driver. What do you guys think? Should I wait? or just choose a different color? Can any Silver or white WRX owners tell me if the car actually looks different after detailing/washing?

Thanks for all your input guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Ive got a 2011 silver. It hides imperfections as in dirt ok, just watch out for gopher holes!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

LOL wow!! I'm really sorry that happened to you. I won't be doing any offroad driving so hopefully I won't run into any gopher holes. I just did a search on autotrader and there is one OBP wrx in Colorado. Is buying out of state a bad idea? How much does it cost for shipping??

Where are you located? Personally I'd fly out there and drive it back. Are you looking new or used?
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Roffle @ username
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Oh and as for Satin White Pearl...most beautiful color I've ever seen a WRX in...I'm not positive if that's the one they are offering on current models, but that'd be my choice if you could find it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

SRTSamb

Where are you located? Personally I'd fly out there and drive it back. Are you looking new or used?
    I reside in Georgia. I heard that some dealerships will deliver it to your house(?), and they charge as low as $300. I read a thread on iwsti forum. I'm looking for new. I actually don't have a problem with used (slightly used of course/low milege) but they go for about the same price as the new ones, so might as well as go for new ones.

Mikie13

Roffle @ username
    Lol I get that a lot. Went blackfriday shopping and almost all the stores would ask for my e-mail. it always gives them a good laugh. Btw they do offer white on the currently models...how is the cabin temp in the summer? and the winter also?

I'll sell you my OBP WRX sedan. I want a WRB or SWP.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

They actually have SWPs sitting on lots.That was the most popular color last year.I say go for the SWP.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavefat View Post
    Lol I get that a lot. Went blackfriday shopping and almost all the stores would ask for my e-mail. it always gives them a good laugh. Btw they do offer white on the currently models...how is the cabin temp in the summer? and the winter also?
    I imagine cabin temp is either "hot as ****" or not, no matter what color. There's really no in between when it comes to temps over 85* haha...Plus, throwing some tint on will not only look great, but help with some of the heating up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    I'll sell you my OBP WRX sedan. I want a WRB or SWP.
    I clicked on your profile to check out your car and I'm almost positive I saw your listing on auto trader. For me, a couple of grand makes a big difference, which is one of the reasons why I am looking for a base model. So far, the best offers I've gotten from the dealers are a couple of hundred dollars below invoice, around 24,500. If I'm buying used, I would pay around 22-23k. I'm not very much into modifying the car so I wouldn't even fully appreciate the mods done to the car
    If the listing on autotrader is your car, may I say your car looks awesome!! That's how I imagine my OBP wrx to look like. May I ask why you are selling? is it solely because of your change in color preference?

I'm not very much into modifying the car so I wouldn't even fully appreciate the mods done to the car
    But you're not into modifying the car...so how would you know? There is a WORLD of difference between the power output, and HOW the power is put out to the wheels, that greatly improves driveability of these cars, between stock and Stage II...just saying

DAMNIT

Hahaha I don't really think I'd sell mine.

MOD IT

I clicked on your profile to check out your car and I'm almost positive I saw your listing on auto trader. For me, a couple of grand makes a big difference, which is one of the reasons why I am looking for a base model. So far, the best offers I've gotten from the dealers are a couple of hundred dollars below invoice, around 24,500. If I'm buying used, I would pay around 22-23k. I'm not very much into modifying the car so I wouldn't even fully appreciate the mods done to the car
    If the listing on autotrader is your car, may I say your car looks awesome!! That's how I imagine my OBP wrx to look like. May I ask why you are selling? is it solely because of your change in color preference?
    Yeah that's mine

I wanted OBP but the paint shows too much. I hate that. When it's clean it's dead sexy.

I am not going to sell it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.