My first Subaru, 2011 Silver WRX Hatch

This is a discussion on My first Subaru, 2011 Silver WRX Hatch within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello folks, it's late but I thought I'd toss in my hello and I hope to learn alot about the ...

My first Subaru, 2011 Silver WRX Hatch

Hello folks, it's late but I thought I'd toss in my hello and I hope to learn alot about the legendary WRX.

What a journey it's been, from a Mazda RX8 (loved it), to a Lexsus IS350 (taught me what quality looked like), to a Pontiac G8 (pure sexy lust and power), to my new WRX all in about 4 years. Am I done yet? Probably not...waiting on the next WRX, hope my marriage can live through all of this...lol.

I'd go into the reasoning behind all the switching, but I couldn't find much that could get past the truth detector. I've made various choices and I've learned alot in these past 4 years about the type of car guy I am. I now know, stick is mandatory, a quality interior is required, mods will be light, and that I'm a slave to my car lust (while never putting my family in a bind because of it).

I'm Christian, love sports, electronics, FPS PC gaming, and cars...I'm getting into guns a little bit and even UAV's just a hair, all of which has to submit to the avaliable funds in the bank...lol. Finally, I just want to say thanks in advance for all the things you all will be teaching me over time here.

Here is my new ride for your enjoyment...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats on the purchase
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

welcome im new myself, you play FPS on the PC ? i love the silver rex's (like mine :P) How does the WRX compare to your previous ownerships ?

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Very nice, hope you keep this one for a while!

welcome im new myself, you play FPS on the PC ? i love the silver rex's (like mine :P) How does the WRX compare to your previous ownerships ?
    First, thanks everyone!

Yeah, I’m playing currently BF3 on the PC...love it. How does it compare, well I'm still learning her curves but...

The RX8 was a great handling and very fun to drive car. The interior quality was there and for a 2+2 it at least had those half doors to help things along. The 6spd was silky smooth, so I didn't have many complaints while highway fuel economy sucked (22.5mpg). If Mazda built a rotary rwd sedan and gave it at least decent fuel economy I'd have to consider it. This was my first brand new car.

The Lexus IS350 had a sweet tranny, quality is top notch, service folks where top notch also, and it could do 30mpg highway with a 300+ HP V6 so mechanically it was just great. The issue I had was the rear seats where very tight, I didn't like the stigma of "you must have alot of money to drive a Lexus" (I got it used, 2006), the handling was twitchy, and no stickshift option.

Finally the 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (who trades in a Lexus for a Pontiac, I mean really!) was a very good car with killer looks, pretty good handling for a big heavy car, great space inside, and V8 on demand power. This is the first car I ever put money into and frankly I had it looking KILLER. My problem was GM! The car had too many, minor mind you, little issues they would ignore, say it was normal, or blame on the mod's on the car (when it had NO relation). It was also automatic so after driving auto's for 3 years I REALLY missed stickshift. Finally, the previous owner was to blame for some of the issues/gremlins so I decided I had to get out.

Here is a picture of the G8:

The WRX is very new to me right now, but I can quickly say that it can do alot better than the advertised 19/25mpg from what I've seen and it's not even broken in yet. Also, the interior quality is good and it has a good amount a space inside for the size of the car. My WRX is the base with the short throw shifter and some other minor upgrades. It's obvious she begs to play and while still breaking her in I know it has all the power I need and handles nicely while a bit twitchy/rolly. My only issue at the moment is the shift feel, it's like peanut butter and rocks in there which comes to my first question, what do I need to do to improve the shifter feel? Overall, I'm happy to have the WRX and her looks are growing on me little by little.

Only mod so far (and I wont do many), are tints.

Wow...let me shut up now, lol.

Rohlman1...yes, I hope so too....one more and I get a free lawyer to protect myself from my wife, lol.

Nice ride dude. Spark Silver Metallic owners of the world, unite!
    2011 WRX 5 Door Spark Silver Metallic

Congrats and welcome! Love the Spark Silver color. Its what my 09 2.5i was.
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

Thanks, I didn't even consider any other color other than white (my preferred color) but the blue, silver, and dark grey really works well with the car. Silver won out and I'm glad it did.

Welcome and Congrats
    2011 WRX WRB HB, 2011 FORESTER SSM AWP Premium.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    Kurt Cobain