starting out
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on starting out within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just got a 04 wagon, its bone stock except the factory short throw shifter option. My first objective ...

starting out

So I just got a 04 wagon, its bone stock except the factory short throw shifter option. My first objective is an exhaust. I need a good muffler for the rear and ill have new pipe made for the rest of it. I also want to do any of the tune free mods I can to help it along. Perhaps something intake wise as I hear its pointless to spend big money on a intake pipe.

Any other suggestions? Im all ears

~Gold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have an 04 sedan and I have an SPT intake and an SPT cat back exhaust. I love the sound of the exhaust...it's nice and throaty, without being obnoxious.
    That awkward moment when you realize that an energy drink company has a better space program than your country...

im looking at the N1 catback. Cheap and sounds good on my buddies bugeye. Im too cheap for an intake right now...im gonna try the snorkus delete see how that sounds and go from there

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    the n1 is insanely loud and not really cheaper than any other exhaust. You can get a used catback for a few hundred bucks
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

your definition of insanely loud is drastically different then mine. My firends has a nice tone and volume...no where near insanely by any means. and at 112.50 new I dont see anything cheaper

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Are we talking about the same exhaust?? The N1 is an invidia catback exhaust. You sound like your talking about ebay exhaust
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

generic ebay weld-on canister = garbage.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman
    The N1 is an invidia catback exhaust.
    FYI: N1 is a style of exhaust, not limited to Invidia
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

^^^Very good point.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

The Apexi N1 has been out for years before I even herd of invidia, and Mikie13, in my experience with "ebay weld-ons" there is no more gain or loss or sound quality differances. Remember they both will be of straight through design and open the flow and restrictions. only in outside appearances do they typically differ, sometimes the sound deading material is different which may change the tone. I had a weld on muffler on my civic for years, was raspy and tinny sounding, took it off and my buddy put it on a 91 legacy, had a great tone, nice and deep. engine makes a world of difference to the sound and tone along with respect to cats and resinators.

besides everyones taste is sound and volume differs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.