New to the Club, gotta question bout my WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the Club, gotta question bout my WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just noticed my front right Tire is pretty low on tread, but all the other tires still got ...

New to the Club, gotta question bout my WRX

So I just noticed my front right Tire is pretty low on tread, but all the other tires still got plenty of tread, this worries me because I replaced the tires about a year ago and I got a flat on the front right tire after hitting a large pothole. Becasue of the AWD I had to replace all 4 tires and I really do not want to do that again, I Know it could be alignment Or I need a tire rotation but im not sure if its to late or not for anything to fix it. Everything else in this 02 WRX works great its always the tires that stress me out hah. Any help would be good, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How much difference is there between the tread depths? It would really concern me if one tire was wearing much more quickly than the others. Is it uniformly worn lower, or is it one edge of it that's worn more?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Hey thanks for replying, The tread Difference is only on the outside edge of the tire.

You probably need an alignment.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Yes definitely. If it's just the outside edge, then you should be fine since the rolling diameter should be in line with the other tires after the alignment.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.