Extended warranty question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Extended warranty question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So...I resisted the urge to add the extended warranty to the price of my car when I purchased it, but ...

Extended warranty question

So...I resisted the urge to add the extended warranty to the price of my car when I purchased it, but now I just got it in the mail again. Does anyone have experience with the official Subaru extended warranty? 1500 seems steep.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what year is your car and how many miles?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

It is a 2011 limited with about 4k on her

Well you have the 3/36k and 5/60k powertrain, so why bother with an extended warranty?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

It would extend the wear and tear portion to 6yr/60k for $564, 6yr/80k for $1135, or 6yr/100k for $1577.

Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    It would extend the wear and tear portion to 6yr/60k for $564, 6yr/80k for $1135, or 6yr/100k for $1577.

I could see the 6/60K one for $564, that gives you 10k a year of driving for maximum coverage... not too bad IMO...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't understand.Don't you have to purchase the extended warranty within a couple of days after purchase of the car?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you plan on keeping the car stock?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Its a Subaru!!! first off 60m power train coverage, 3/36 is for most other things which you might use. I passed on mine to upgrade to the extended warranty but I have had the Mod bug as well. I have had a lot of Subaru's and they are great built cars so save your money for something else or just put it the bank incase you need it for the car down the road. Chances are a timing belt is the biggest thing you will come across! Just my 2cents. ******************D
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

I Support ClubWRX
    I purchased my Warranty at singing, it's the cheapest time. I got 7 Years, 100 000 miles, bumper to bumper platinum or what ever rare earth metal they are calling it these days. Should be called the Onyx level warranty! Anyways.. I paid.. 27 000 -28 000 for the car? MSRP was about 265.. So.. Another 1500 dollars financed give or take. Didn't add much to the monthly payments, and you've got the peace of mind.

does the accesport void warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by subarubeast12 View Post
    It could deny a claim, for sure. Completely void...No.

My opinion on the extended warranty is that if you plan to keep the car completely stock and don't have the means to fix the car yourself, it's a good idea. If you plan any modification, or can fix the car yourself, I don't feel it's worth the money. $1500+interest can buy you quite a few replacement parts if you have a problem
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subarubeast12 View Post
    quite possibly
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I added mine, it was another $20-30 a month, and Im a little incompitent when it comes to doing work myself.
    No tools, or facility...
    So it seemed like a great idea.
    And I figure once the car is paid off then I can start saving up for the things I would like to do. My loans 6 years, so the warranty will cover past the car loan. A huge piece of mind, with all the car trouble Ive had in my past.
    Laterdays...
    Chris | 2011 WRB WRX Hatchback
    SPT STS, SPT CBE, SPT Boost Gauge & Heat Shield
    Stink-Eye Mob #210
    Facebook me here
    Prohevito In Altum

I need help with my 2011 subaru sti, i have recently purchased the invidia catless downpipe and i have spt exaust and an injen cold air intake already installed, do you think this is a good setup? is the catless downpipe good for my car or will i have any problems?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.