This is a discussion on New Member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm new to this web...I have some questions in regards to my 2002 WRX. I'm looking to put a mag ...

I'm new to this web...I have some questions in regards to my 2002 WRX. I'm looking to put a mag flow on my car to replace my modified muffler that I have. Does anyone know the original piping size of 02 WRX? Any recommendation of what kind of mag flow is best out there? I'm looking into a universal street series, oval, but not sure which one to go with?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Original exhaust pipe is 2.5". No advice on a magnaflow muffler as most of us run at least the entire catback and magnaflow is not very popular among WRX's but I'm sure they offer something decent. Though you can easily source a quality catback for a few hundred bucks used via NASIOC or the classifieds here
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

thanks for the info...Would you happen to know what other possible brands that I can look into for mufflers...I'm a girl..Haha...Don't know much about the brands out there and what's best for my car. Any advice would help.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Original exhaust pipe is 2.5". No advice on a magnaflow muffler as most of us run at least the entire catback and magnaflow is not very popular among WRX's but I'm sure they offer something decent. Though you can easily source a quality catback for a few hundred bucks used via NASIOC or the classifieds here
    WRX stock cat back is 2.25 02-07.. The axle back portion may have increased to 2.5 in 05 when they switched to the same muffler STi/Wrx but the mid pipe is 2.25" STi is 2.5"

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Ah damn, I thought I may have been wrong so i did a quick search and guess the post i found was as confused as me.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Thanks for the info...Does anyone know any good brands out there that gives off the deep aggressive sound and one that doesn't sound like a rice rocket. I want to be able to have that deep sound, but yet not getting pulled over again for my modified muffler.

Borla Hush catback.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

The Borla Hush or Cobb are the best ones to keep away from a ricey sound. They're also pricier than the ricey options, but you're paying for the quality of the materials/build and the fact they took the time to actually make it have a nice sound instead of just slapping together some bigger diameter pipes and calling it a day.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome garretkoonsman and teflon_jones know there stuff i would recommend anything they recommend

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    The Borla Hush or Cobb are the best ones to keep away from a ricey sound. They're also pricier than the ricey options, but you're paying for the quality of the materials/build and the fact they took the time to actually make it have a nice sound instead of just slapping together some bigger diameter pipes and calling it a day.
    Exactly. I just got rid of my Borla Hush for $300 in awesome shape all polished up so keep an eye out and you can get a good deal. It had 40k miles and still polished up to look incredible which speaks for the quality of the materials. Spent 30k miles in Jersey and 10k in Colorado and had zero rust.

Here are some pics to show what I'm talking about

Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    wow that looks really nice especially for those areas of driving conditions.