New to clubwrx :) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New to clubwrx :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings and welcome to the Club from "up over" Jerry!...

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club from "up over" Jerry!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I took my car to a tune workshop which is called Pulse Racing and let them do the custome tune with all the parts added, he dyno-ed it and stock had 140kw at the wheels and now 210kw at the wheels after mods. I have the factory sti front tower brace, sti front support kit and rear lateral kit, whiteline H-brace, anti-lift kit, postive shift kit, positive steering kit front and back sway bars can't think of anything else so far lollll

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Greetings and welcome to the Club from "up over" Jerry!
    Thank you

oh and the pads are another workshops sports pads not sure what its their branding

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Do you like the PSRS product? I've seriously been eyeing up PSRS since I'm not doing autox
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I'm wondering this as well... Although I'm guessing given the fuel pump upgrade, it's probably a custom tune.

I don't think I've run into anyone yet running ECUtek on a 3rd gen.
    The workshop recommended with the mods being done to upgrade the fuel pump so it doesn't run lean

I'm trying to convert 210 kw to ft-lbs and I think that's about 280 or so? How much HP did it put down? Do you have a graph you can post to show what the curves look like?

And with that setup, a fuel pump sounds like a good idea, though normally if you're doing a fuel pump, you should be doing the injectors too. It doesn't do any good to run a bigger fuel pump if the injectors can't handle it. I'm wondering how close your stock injectors are to being maxed out, or if they are already. You could easily be running lean with the stock ones and the bigger fuel pump will do zero good if the injectors are too small.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Do you like the PSRS product? I've seriously been eyeing up PSRS since I'm not doing autox
    I don't know zax but i just got the workshop to supply and fit the whiteline coz it was best bang for buck.. I have the Perrin radiator shroud and the stubby antenna but thats all im sure its probably better than whiteline

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I'm trying to convert 210 kw to ft-lbs and I think that's about 280 or so? How much HP did it put down? Do you have a graph you can post to show what the curves look like?

And with that setup, a fuel pump sounds like a good idea, though normally if you're doing a fuel pump, you should be doing the injectors too. It doesn't do any good to run a bigger fuel pump if the injectors can't handle it. I'm wondering how close your stock injectors are to being maxed out, or if they are already. You could easily be running lean with the stock ones and the bigger fuel pump will do zero good if the injectors are too small.
    Mate it put down 281hp and the owner of the workshop said its the safest and maximum the car and go without changing internals so i trust him i guess and if anything happens he will warrant the job

It sounds like he knows what he's talking about since that is about the most you want to do on stock internals. You can certainly go higher, but it really starts to compromise the durability/reliability of the motor. Do you have the warranty in writing?

Where down under are you located? Any pics of the car?
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mail.google.com.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	100837

Sorry guys if its not clear it was taken off the monitor

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    It sounds like he knows what he's talking about since that is about the most you want to do on stock internals. You can certainly go higher, but it really starts to compromise the durability/reliability of the motor. Do you have the warranty in writing?

Where down under are you located? Any pics of the car?
    He does and he has the reputation of his workshop to uphold if anything goes wrong and they are weary coz they can be bagged out on forums and all and loose customers but every one that has been to them have been very happy. Sydney

sorry no pics haven't had chance yet been busy and when i do its raining

In my opinion i highly recommend changing the suspension coz they are good factory but are still like a boat when taken and driven spiritedly.

Quote Originally Posted by jezrex11 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mail.google.com.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	100837

Sorry guys if its not clear it was taken off the monitor
    Thanks for trying. Unfortunately I can't read the numbers along the sides, but those do look like some nice smooth curves with a good amount of area under them.

Quote Originally Posted by jezrex11 View Post
    In my opinion i highly recommend changing the suspension coz they are good factory but are still like a boat when taken and driven spiritedly.
    Any plans to change the springs and struts down the line? I know you said this was about it for now.....
    Scott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast