HIGH RPM????? D:
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HIGH RPM????? D: within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys Anyway I was on the internet and searching for answers on how to solve my carís problem I ...

Unhappy HIGH RPM????? D:

Hey guys Anyway I was on the internet and searching for answers on how to solve my carís problem I have an 04 wrx and my problem is everytime my buddy starts my car its RPM is already in 1500 and the CEL is on, my buddy checked my car and he said he found a hose that was tangled, he untangled the hose the CEL went away, oil pressure went back to normal but the RPM is still in 1500. and oh yeah he did noticed that there was a hose that was disconnected but he doesnít have any idea where it goes? Does anybody have any idea where could that connect? I just donít know whatís going on cause Iím not physically there to check my car. Iím on deployment right now. Anyway I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me some suggestions. Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    There are dozens of hoses in the engine bay. Your post doesn't have nearly enough info for us to help. Also, 1500 rpm is normal idle on a cold start. It will go down as the car warms up and is driven. At the minimum we need a detailed description of the hoses location and size. Even better would be a picture or 5
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Thumbs up

true, i didn't realize that..im just getting paranoid cuz i'm not there to see whats goin on with my car..well i'll ask my buddy to take some pictures where he found that disconnected hose..I really appreciate your help man!
    Last edited by DiosXmakinA; 12-02-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: misspelled word

no problem, keep us updated and we will do our best to figure it out for you. Also, thank you for your service
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

1500 RPM shouldn't be anything to worry about upon startup. When I start my jeep up first, it starts out at about 1300-1400 RPM then goes down to about 1000 RPM. After it has warmed up, when I'm idling at a red light, it idles at about 550-600 RPM.

yea 1,500 RPM is what my car idles at the fist few minutes its running, maybe have your buddy let it idle for about 5 min and then see if it drops down cuz after about 5 minutes, tops, my car starts to idle down around 800 rpm.
    And, thank you for your services, you deserve a perfectly working car!

Don't expect the RPM's to go down just by sitting there idling for a couple minutes. Especially if it hasn't been driven in a while it may take actually driving it to get it warmed up and drop the RPM. However, I wouldn't mess with that issue until we solve the missing hose question
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Thumbs up

okay! thanks everybody! I really appreciate ya'll! and yeah bro i'll post asap when i find out what hose is disconnected..thaaaaanks!!!!

Yeah, 1500 shouldn't be a problem. My WRX's cold start will put it somewhere like that.

My previous RX8 starts (cold) with nearly 2500 rpm...

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Don't expect the RPM's to go down just by sitting there idling for a couple minutes. Especially if it hasn't been driven in a while it may take actually driving it to get it warmed up and drop the RPM. However, I wouldn't mess with that issue until we solve the missing hose question
    yo bro im sorry but my girl couldn't take picture of the hose because the hose is behind the front bumper thats what my buddy told her, so im guessing it probably has something to do with the intercooler? at first i thought it got disconnected because of the pressure of the turbo. maaaaan this is really bugging me D:

What is the CEL? That would be a good place to start...

What mods does your car have? Because on a stock car there's no hoses from the IC that are anywhere near the bumper.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Maybe try to get someone who knows something about cars to go take a look?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Maybe try to get someone who knows something about cars to go take a look?
    true, im still kind'a new to mod car world. well anyway appreciate everybody that tried to help

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.