NEED HELP!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEED HELP!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just bought a '03 WRx with 83,000 miles. i was driving it with a friend. showing him what it ...

Exclamation NEED HELP!!!

i just bought a '03 WRx with 83,000 miles. i was driving it with a friend. showing him what it has stock. when i hit 60 the check engine light came on. i pulled over to check it out. Carbon from the exhaust was a lot stronger in the smell. it was idling a lot ruffer than normal.
    could this be a timing sensor? i just want to get it fixed asap so i can stop taking my sisters car.
    please get back to me with help and answers.
    thanks.
    -Joe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What code is stored in the ECU? This would be my starting point
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Could be a lot of things. Get the code read and then get back to us.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

i took it back into the dealership and they said it was water in the second cylinder from when they power washed it. but could that mean a bad head gasket that would allow the water to get in it?
    thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Reed23 View Post
    i took it back into the dealership and they said it was water in the second cylinder from when they power washed it. but could that mean a bad head gasket that would allow the water to get in it?
    thanks for the help.
    They lied to you, there is no way that is the problem. I would get a second opinion
    Stink eye mob #727

What did the CEL read?
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

they said thats what the codes said. something wrong with cylinder 2. then they checked it out and came to that conclusion. im going to let them "fix" that. then if i feel its still messed up ill take it to another place. got to remember im on a high schools budget. ha.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    What did the CEL read?
    This. This is the one and only starting point. Get the code read and then come back and we will be more able to help you.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    they said thats what the codes said. something wrong with cylinder 2. then they checked it out and came to that conclusion. im going to let them "fix" that. then if i feel its still messed up ill take it to another place. got to remember im on a high schools budget. ha.
    Water in the cylinder would do 1 of 2 things. Best case, misfire constantly. Worst case, hydrolock your motor. I would rule water completely out. It could be anything from a fouled plug, blown ringland, bad coil pack to bad gas. I'm assuming you didnt buy it from a Subaru dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    What did the CEL read?
    they never told me. all i was told is that it was water in cylinder 2. they said they were going to fix it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Water in the cylinder would do 1 of 2 things. Best case, misfire constantly. Worst case, hydrolock your motor. I would rule water completely out. It could be anything from a fouled plug, blown ringland, bad coil pack to bad gas. I'm assuming you didnt buy it from a Subaru dealership.
    your right, i bought it from the dealership my dad works at. got a good deal on it. thats why i did it.

they never told me. all i was told is that it was water in cylinder 2. they said they were going to fix it all.
    Coolant (water) is totally possible, but power washer water is impossible. If it is coolant, blown head gaskets are not uncommon and if they're willing to fix it, that's great
    Stink eye mob #727

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Coolant (water) is totally possible, but power washer water is impossible. If it is coolant, blown head gaskets are not uncommon and if they're willing to fix it, that's great
    yea thats what my buddy who owns a Legacy GT said it could be the gaskets. he knows the motor inside and out. yea my dad worked it out with them. good thing he is high up on the latter there. ha

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    If it's leaking enough coolant into the cylinders where you can, without a doubt, tell there is coolant in there, you got bigger problems than a head gasket.

Without a code there's absolutely nothing anybody here can tell you.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast