WRX Ordered, 3+ weeks on and dying
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Ordered, 3+ weeks on and dying within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ordered my WRX about 3 1/2 weeks ago and it's killing me. This is a first for me in ...

WRX Ordered, 3+ weeks on and dying

I ordered my WRX about 3 1/2 weeks ago and it's killing me. This is a first for me in so many ways. I've never owned a new car, a Subaru, a car this fast, a car with AWD or one that handles as good. I'm beside myself with excitement. It feels almost embarrassing how excited I am.

Up until a couple of months ago I had a Lincoln LS for almost 6 years. I quite liked the car but got rid of it and have been driving a run-of-the-mill Camry for my commute for the past couple of months. It's just not cutting it in so many ways.

Is there any correlation between wait time and options ordered? Regular WRX vs. Premium vs. Limited? That was a theory I came up with last night to make myself feel like I might not have to wait another 8 weeks for the car to get here. I ordered an almost option-less base model WRX. I just threw in the top bumper guard and all-weather mats. I think I would pay an extra $1k to have it today. :/

The forums seem great. There's a lot of knowledge here and it's cool to see all the people who like WRXes a lot. I look forward to hanging out and maybe meeting some of you at events.
    Last edited by boscorillium; 11-30-2011 at 09:16 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

The wait is sort of excruciating.The week it comes is when the frustration gives way to excitement.I had to wait 3 months for the car to come.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome to the forum. Don't let the wait get to you so much, I know it's hard but try to forget that you bought a new car lol.

I waited 8weeks exactly for my '11, others waited months.

To answer your question: no there is no correlation btw time/options.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I saw your post (rage-wrx) about your wait time. That's brutal. The thought of possibly waiting another 8 weeks on top of the 4 I've already waited seem impossible to me. That would put it well after the first of the year too which would just be a kick in the teeth.

I Support ClubWRX
    At one point I had almost forgotten about the car.Imagine my surprise when I get the call telling me that I can come pick up the car in 2-3 hours before the dealership closes.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

That's amazing. I pretty much think about the car everyday. I would settle for forgetting about it though.

If you've waited this long, you can wait a little longer Welcome and congrats! I never owned a boosted car before this one and I have to say that it's a pretty addictive feeling. I don't know that I'll ever go back. Enjoy!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Meh...it's just a car. Subarus aren't that great anyway.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Meh...it's just a car. Subarus aren't that great anyway.
    Good point.

I'm a little over 4 weeks in now and it's starting to get physically painful. If I have to do this through the New Year I may actually cry. :/

I have questions though. I don't have a VIN yet. Does that mean the car has not started to be built AT ALL yet? Once the VIN gets assigned is there any kind of timeframe for when it gets done at the factory? I have a base WRX with all weather floor maps and top bumper guard. That's it.

I sent a complaint to Subaru through their contact page and got a cordial response. I wanted to let them know that mainly, at least for me, it's the zero insight that is the biggest frustration. If I knew it was going to be here in 2 months then I'm not saying I would be happy but at least there would be less frustration with the process.

I Support ClubWRX
    Been there.Done that.

All that can be done is you can bang your head on the wall to the point of passing out,but the car will still not get here any faster.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Eh, I had no info at all going into it until they called me saying it was scheduled to be in for delivery that day.

Like I said, don't stress it and try to forget you ordered it.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

LDS
    I ordered mine last week, the waiting is killing me, and to be honest I can't get tired of watching photos of WRX's and dreaming in driving mine

I hope that dream can be true soon, really soon

OK. Forgetting it just isn't going to happen. So that's out. Got anymore advice?

LDS: I've been looking at a lot of photos and videos too. I've also been pretending my run of the mill Camry is a WRX. It's pretty sad. I feel like a school boy with a plastic, toy driving wheel. I promise I haven't made any sound effects though.

Lol that sucks man! I was in the process of researching an order because I couldn't find what I wanted, an obp sedan with 1000-5000 miles. Then I got the call from my dealer. "sir... Your car just got here. A 2011 OBP WRX with 900 miles on it." actually i forget the mileage but it was less than 1500 I gave them the cash for it before it got off the truck.

Anyways, hang in there man. How cool will it be when you get in that thing after waiting so long. Congrats and enjoy. Maybe you will get it Dec 24, for Christmas!!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.385729,-79.194974
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast