WRX Ordered, 3+ weeks on and dying - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Ordered, 3+ weeks on and dying within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Imagine waiting 9 months to see your child!!!...

I Support ClubWRX
    Imagine waiting 9 months to see your child!!!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Imagine waiting 9 months to see your child!!!
    Can't you just drive somewhere 3 hours away and get one sooner?

there again you just may get OPTIONS you didnt want....

Quote Originally Posted by boscorillium View Post
    Can't you just drive somewhere 3 hours away and get one sooner?

I ordered mine late Feb but mine didn't get here til July
    Since I was on a 2month long vacation my dealer sold my car to somebody else
    Ended up getting a Mitsubishi EVO as nobody would give me the same deal I got when I ordered my car.
    O well I think I have a better car than the WRX now but I just have the feeling that I gave up my child

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ7006 View Post
    Ended up getting a Mitsubishi EVO.O well I think I have a worse car than the WRX now
    There I fixed it for you!

In all seriousness though the EVO shouldn't be compared to the WRX. It is more in competition with the STi (which destroys it imho ). If you want to compare the WRX to something it would have to be the Lancer Ralliart if anything.
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 12-14-2011 at 07:49 AM.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

LDS
    Congrats !!! Where are the pics???
    Yesterday the dealership told me my car is on the boat, she left yesterday. So, just crossing the fingers nothing bad happen crossing the pacific. I should get her the second week of January.
    I got a nice shift knob from Honk Kong already, and looking for some winter tires, I was thinking in some 16" (215/55). My wife wants her SUV back, and I want to drive my new baby ASAP. Still waiting....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LDS View Post
    I got a nice shift knob from Honk Kong already
    Its Hong Kong.What shift knob is that?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

LDS
    Its Hong Kong.What shift knob is that?
    Hi rage-wrx,

Sorry, typing mistake..., Hong Kong.
    Yeah, isn't brand or luxury, I had the same in my old Jetta and the weight and quality of the product is just awesome, great buy. And the leather and red stiches will match perfect with the interiors.
    Here's the link:

</title><meta name="description" content="Black Leather Shifter Manual Gear Shift Knob Red Stitch in eBay Motors , Parts Accessories , Car Truck Parts , Interior , Shift Knobs Boots |eBay"><meta name="keywords" content="Black Leather Shifter Manual G

Honestly, I would recommend it.

I Support ClubWRX
    That looks really small.But maybe its just the picture.

These guys make custom knobs if you are ever interested.WRX Shift Knobs - WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift-Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Alright, I'm one week in on a PBP WRX 4 door w/ perf exhaust and short throw... and yes, the wait is officially KILLING ME. After one week.

I've been lurking for a while, will have pics for ya'lls when it comes in. I'm trying to view this period as a blessing - I can scrape together a bigger down payment...

Small consolation.

LDS
    Quote Originally Posted by nyd3030 View Post
    Alright, I'm one week in on a PBP WRX 4 door w/ perf exhaust and short throw... and yes, the wait is officially KILLING ME. After one week.

I've been lurking for a while, will have pics for ya'lls when it comes in. I'm trying to view this period as a blessing - I can scrape together a bigger down payment...

Small consolation.
    Congrats and welcome to the club !!! I been waiting mine too, and it's been almost 4 weeks, and to be honest it's the only think I have in my mind all day (at work, home, in my sleep, even in the bathroom), even my wife got mad with me already because I can't stop talking about it, hahaha.

Wow, what a great 3 months. I just wanted to follow-up with my experiences in case it helps people considering a WRX. First and foremost I absolutely _love_ this car. It's basically everything I thought it would be and more.

I've also seen a lot of complaints or unhappiness with the sound system in the WRX. In the 2012 WRX it seems to be a pretty good offering. I have little to complain about in that respect but then again I haven't put anything above stock in a car in over 10 years. So it's quite possible the standards are just different. However, after rediscovering some great music with a decent amount of bass I think the WRX's sound system handles it pretty great especially at higher volumes.

Another minor complaint I have is that the interior (on the base model) is nothing to write home about. The red stitching is really nice and I am definitely a fan of that. However from the stereo head to the seats, carpet and door panels it's all pretty unimpressive.

Having said that what is impressive is the handling. Oh my god is it amazing. I've never had so much fun driving. And that is absolutely what I bought it for and the single most important factor to me. If it is to you then I say don't wait, buy this car now. I also have the performance exhaust and quite like it. It took a little getting used to but I definitely like the rumble now. It makes the car stand out a bit when idle at a light. I probably still wouldn't get it on a new car I was ordering but since this one had it and I was tired of waiting it turned out nice.

Occasionally the interior seems a bit "rattley" to me. But to be fair I am super sensitive and have auditory filtering issues. And given all that it rarely bothers me or seems to be a huge issue. There's also the fact that the performance exhaust makes the whole car vibrate significantly more than stock (or at least based on my test drive of the stock exhaust it seemed that way).

Hopefully I'll have more to say later but I couldn't be happier to be a Subaru owner and especially a WRX owner. I've even had some fun with other WRX owners in traffic and they all seem to be pretty nice people with waving/acknowledging each other. I definitely like that "club" aspect.

I Support ClubWRX
    That was a really nice and honest review! Really glad to see you are overall happy with your car!

Any plans for future mods?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    That looks really small.But maybe its just the picture.

These guys make custom knobs if you are ever interested.WRX Shift Knobs - WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift-Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!
    Great shift knobs worth the money. Also had a quick turn around time. I had mine colored blue to purple looks nice in my WRB 4dr

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    That was a really nice and honest review! Really glad to see you are overall happy with your car!
    It really was. I'm even more excited about mine now )))
    Congrats on your purchase
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.