WRX Ordered, 3+ weeks on and dying - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Ordered, 3+ weeks on and dying within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by boscorillium It's not working!!! OMG I'm going to die! Are there any other dealerships in your area ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by boscorillium View Post
    It's not working!!! OMG I'm going to die!
    Are there any other dealerships in your area that have some on the lot?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not from what I've seen. I see a lot of sedans in the general area (100-200 miles) but I haven't seen a 5-door yet.

I ordered an almost option-less base model WRX. I just threw in the top bumper guard and all-weather mats.
    So you ordered a Base WRX Wagon (in a certain color). Bumper Guard and Floor Mats are always installed by the dealer.

Yep, you got it.

Well after 5 weeks to the day I got my WRX. But, it wasn't the one I ordered. It turns out a dealership in Silver Spring, MD had one coming in on a truck that was the color I wanted, 5-door but with a few more options than I wanted. So I bit the bullet and put a deposit down on it and drove over Saturday to pick it up. That meant I had to cancel the order I already placed with a different dealer but they were cool about it and didn't give me any trouble in refunding my deposit (YMMV).

I took it out for a bit of test driving last night on windy, banking mountain roads and it was a dream. I didn't come close to putting it to the test and it was still a blast to drive. My commute to work was never as nice as it was this morning.

I Support ClubWRX
    PICS!!!!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I figured that might be a response. Ignore the strange looking guy in the photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/timothy...eat=directlink

if you call your dealer he will have a vin for you..usually the orders are from cars being built and not just put on line for you...i ordered mine nov 2nd and it was built the 12th..and have to wait for shipping ect till dec 21st..or week after./.jeff

I'm a little over 4 weeks in now and it's starting to get physically painful. If I have to do this through the New Year I may actually cry. :/

I have questions though. I don't have a VIN yet. Does that mean the car has not started to be built AT ALL yet? Once the VIN gets assigned is there any kind of timeframe for when it gets done at the factory? I have a base WRX with all weather floor maps and top bumper guard. That's it.

I sent a complaint to Subaru through their contact page and got a cordial response. I wanted to let them know that mainly, at least for me, it's the zero insight that is the biggest frustration. If I knew it was going to be here in 2 months then I'm not saying I would be happy but at least there would be less frustration with the process.

Well it's all moot now. I have my WRX and got a few more options than I would have otherwise. I personally would not do the ordering process again, ever.

I Support ClubWRX
    I figured that might be a response. Ignore the strange looking guy in the photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/timothy...eat=directlink
    Looks awesome!!!! I bet you're happy to not be waiting anymore!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I am so happy not to be waiting anymore. Now I just get to enjoy it. I'm about a third of the way through the break-in period and trying not to be too rough on it.

Looks like the wait paid off, you must be excited!
    Saving for a Subie.

Indeed, it's all I can think about at the moment. I've already plotted my route home and it's not even close to the most direct route.

I Support ClubWRX
    At last.Congratulations.Now that wait wasn't so bad,was it?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Are you kidding me? It was horrible. In fact so much that I went out and found one almost 3 hours away to go buy instead. I think it was the very definition of "bad". I am not good at that waiting stuff and all I can think about is how many days I missed driving it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.