WRX Ordered, 3+ weeks on and dying - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Ordered, 3+ weeks on and dying within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by boscorillium I ordered my WRX about 3 1/2 weeks ago and it's killing me. This is a ...

Quote Originally Posted by boscorillium View Post
    I ordered my WRX about 3 1/2 weeks ago and it's killing me. This is a first for me in so many ways. I've never owned a new car, a Subaru, a car this fast, a car with AWD or one that handles as good. I'm beside myself with excitement. It feels almost embarrassing how excited I am.
    You essentially described my feelings almost a year ago. So many firsts, and it was well worth the wait. Take this time to read as much as you can about the car. That way you can spend more time driving and less time asking "what's this beautiful whine when I stomp on it?" Congrats on the new whip and welcome! Lots of good information and helpful members here. It's an awesome site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LDS View Post
    I ordered mine last week, the waiting is killing me, and to be honest I can't get tired of watching photos of WRX's and dreaming in driving mine

I hope that dream can be true soon, really soon
    Haha i feel the same way all of you feel. i ordered my car on 11/21 and got a VON that monday and that is it so far and was told by the dealer its not expected to be in until mid Jan and like Fallen said i try and forget about it because the more i think about it the longer it seems its taking. but i have read on this forum and nasioc that the time varies some people get theirs in 3 weeks and others have been waiting sine the orders open and haven't gotten theirs still! From what i have hear is they have some that are built with similar options and they ship them to the dealerships and put the minor differences on to complete the order and then call the owner saying its in. But then on the other hand have people who ordered base models with few options and have been waiting awhile with no vin email or eta. So basically what i am getting at is nobody really knows when the cars will come in could be weeks or months. I still cant wait for mine though

Oh your wait is just fine. I ordered mine around February/March of this past year just before the Tsunami. I was going out of my ever loving mind waiting on the car. I was so freaked out that my car might have gotten swept out to sea I started looking at local Speed3's and GTI's that were on the dealers lots. When the car finally arrived about 2 weeks before Easter I took a half day from work and I hate to admit it now, but I pushed the car to 110 within an hour of getting it on a country road. Probably not the best thing for engine break in, but going from my civic to the WRX was just too tempting.

I've just started assuming it's going to be 12 weeks. So that means I'm not even halfway at this point... I'm going to start watching dealer inventory in a 300 mile radius... :/

I'm with you, ordered mine about 3 weeks ago now... the suspense of getting it is killing me. its my deciding factor of whether or not i go home for the holidays. hah, but congrats on the car! hopefully we get them by Christmas!

i was told about 4/5 weeks from the day i ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Jdavis View Post
    I'm with you, ordered mine about 3 weeks ago now... the suspense of getting it is killing me. its my deciding factor of whether or not i go home for the holidays. hah, but congrats on the car! hopefully we get them by Christmas!
    That's hilarious. I seriously considered going home if I got mine (14+ hours) in time. However, as it is I'm going to visit in-law relatives and there will be a fair bit of driving (12+ hours). I would !LOVE! to have it before the 22nd of December. Come on Subaru, how about a Christmas present... I even PAID FOR IT myself. All you have to do is drop it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdavis View Post
    i was told about 4/5 weeks from the day i ordered
    I think that's flat out a lie. The truth is they don't know. And I think this is a real disappointment when it comes to Subaru. I understand delivery problems happen but let's say you couldn't predict the EXACT date. I bet you could do it reasonably if you gave a "best case scenario", i.e. it doesn't get held up at port or there aren't natural catastrophes (storms at sea count even). But instead what you get is a black box.

In fact, I'm of the opinion that if Subaru wants to run their operation like this they would be doing their customers a service by having their salesman tell them what the LONGEST delivery time is so far within the last 6-months or so. Then you would avoid a lot of grumbling.

haha yeah, id be about the same... NC to NY to see the family. got caught in the blizzard last year driving home to NY(15HRS that day, normally 10/11HRS)... i loved my legacy that day.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think that's flat out a lie. The truth is they don't know. And I think this is a real disappointment when it comes to Subaru. I understand delivery problems happen but let's say you couldn't predict the EXACT date. I bet you could do it reasonably if you gave a "best case scenario", i.e. it doesn't get held up at port or there aren't natural catastrophes (storms at sea count even). But instead what you get is a black box.
    What they do is ask you what options you'd like then you have to wait for a car to roll off the production line with similiar specs. I bet when your car arrives it may not have all the options you "ordered." Subaru doesn't go out and cater to you.

You've got a good point Drews. How dare I?

But for my car not to have all the options I "ordered" is going to be tough. Unless they remove stuff that isn't an option.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You've got a good point Drews. How dare I?

But for my car not to have all the options I "ordered" is going to be tough. Unless they remove stuff that isn't an option.
    They will do their best...I'm just saying you may not get exactly what you ordered, or you're going to wait longer. Options to me are like having a charm bracelet. Anything more than the basics is just extra money out of my pocket. But I know that keeping WRXs on the lot is pretty hard since everyone wants one. I see them at Lee all the time and they are gone in less than a weeks time. I'm sure that if they get a car that is not exactly to your liking they aren't gonna get mad because they wont have a problems offloading it to someone else leaving you to wait even longer for your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    They will do their best...I'm just saying you may not get exactly what you ordered, or you're going to wait longer.
    At first I thought you were being sarcastic. Now, I'm not sure. After reading Wagone's responses on some other threads it seems like there might be some really funny guys around these forums. Anyway, I would basically take any 5-door WRX in the color I wanted because it'll almost certainly have more options than I ordered!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    At first I thought you were being sarcastic. Now, I'm not sure. After reading Wagone's responses on some other threads it seems like there might be some really funny guys around these forums. Anyway, I would basically take any 5-door WRX in the color I wanted because it'll almost certainly have more options than I ordered!
    I was being sarcastic. I was trying to make you not excited about the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I was being sarcastic. I was trying to make you not excited about the car.
    It's not working!!! OMG I'm going to die!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.