new and need some advice
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on new and need some advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whatsup..im new and just picked up my 2002 wrx. as of right now the only mods are aem intake and ...

new and need some advice

whatsup..im new and just picked up my 2002 wrx.

as of right now the only mods are aem intake and 2.5 catback exhasut.

i bought the car with the stock clutch but it was on its way out and definitly needs a new one asap. i will be doing the work myself.

i plan on modding the car but im not sure where to go with the clutch????

ive read to keep stock so it slips to protect your trans. but i feel if i start modding putting a stock clutch in will be a waste of time and money?

and also i d not plan on beating the car up. i will probably get ****t for this but i want to lower it a lot. make it flush i love the look and i understand this will not help the handling etc. so advice on coilovers would help to

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    if all you're looking for is aesthetics I would avoid any sort of engine modifications and stick with a stock clutch.

Stick with the stock clutch.

Advice on coilovers is to forget about them and get a good spring/strut combo instead.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post

Advice on coilovers is to forget about them and get a good spring/strut combo instead.
    If he wants to go herra frush I don't know if that would get him where he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    if all you're looking for is aesthetics I would avoid any sort of engine modifications and stick with a stock clutch.
    well i plan on going both. nothing crazy and ive heard so much of its a waste of time and money to do performance if im so worried on stance and hellaflush. im not gunna go true hellaflush. just an aggressive stance and tighten up some steering and tie rods but im not racing its just for fun and the project

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post

i guess i will stay with stock clutch. correct me if im wrong but exedy makes the oem clutch? is that what actually comes in it stock? and if so they have different oem clutches. like organic and stages etc. i will be buying the complete kit. and flywheel. soo any suggestions or jsut the true stock? thanks

and about the springs and strut the only problem with that is i was leaning toward adjustable. that way if it finally hits me that hellaflush is hellaunpractical i can change that. but im all ears so any advice is good. thanks again
    Last edited by flush_ta_death; 11-29-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: forgot to talk about coilovers

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by flush_ta_death View Post
    well i plan on going both. nothing crazy and ive heard so much of its a waste of time and money to do performance if im so worried on stance and hellaflush. im not gunna go true hellaflush. just an aggressive stance and tighten up some steering and tie rods but im not racing its just for fun and the project
    If you're not going to use it then why spend the money? It's pretty expensive isnt it?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    i guess i will stay with stock clutch. correct me if im wrong but exedy makes the oem clutch? is that what actually comes in it stock? and if so they have different oem clutches. like organic and stages etc. i will be buying the complete kit. and flywheel. soo any suggestions or jsut the true stock?
    Yes, Exedy manufactured the stock clutch for our Bugeyes. I believe that the Organic is the stock clutch IIRC.

I really would urge you to stay away from the "hellaflush" and "stance" movement... It really is impractical, dangerous, and will have you going through tires like LEOs through donuts. Poke, tuck, and hellaflush on a Subaru makes me a saaad panda

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    If you're not going to use it then why spend the money? It's pretty expensive isnt it?
    i understand. but this car is for fun. like i was thinking of building a spare block and turbo system. but your right it gets pricey and id defintily have to do the gear box/trans/axels and much more. so im thinking of doing more along the lines of like stage 3 or so. like uncatted uppipe. full 3 inch turbo back exhasut. 18g turbo. injectors. fuel pump. better tmic. cobb computer. to pro tune. and obvious tune up and stuff along the way. i have more research and planning to do before i start all this but i know some of these mods will happen. nothing to serious but some bolt ons. i dont need a race car just something quick but im not gunna be ripping on it. i want to take car of this car but let it be fun. as for looks its just for fun. jsut my prefrence on how id want my wrx to be stanced.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Yes, Exedy manufactured the stock clutch for our Bugeyes. I believe that the Organic is the stock clutch IIRC.

I really would urge you to stay away from the "hellaflush" and "stance" movement... It really is impractical, dangerous, and will have you going through tires like LEOs through donuts. Poke, tuck, and hellaflush on a Subaru makes me a saaad panda

okay thanks and is that the clutch kit i should stay with even if i do some bolt ons? and hahhahaha. yeah ive heard this so much. but i dont plan on changing camber and stuff. im probably not going hellaflush. more like just flush. i want to be low whether its practical or not. but i just want flush with the rims and a nice overall stance. thats why i was leaning towards the adjustable c/o

I Support ClubWRX
    a lot of the hellaflush guys like BC Racing coils. They're rough. They're cheap. They adjust. I wouldn't run them personally.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    a lot of the hellaflush guys like BC Racing coils. They're rough. They're cheap. They adjust. I wouldn't run them personally.
    ive read about the bc coils. what do you mean by rough? like the ride? and why wouldnt you run them.

thanks

Stock clutch for now and just learn your car, and then do the bigger stuff, If I were you I would get rims, coil overs, and some other tasty items

I Support ClubWRX
    ive read about the bc coils. what do you mean by rough? like the ride? and why wouldnt you run them.

thanks
    if you look at my progress thread, you'll see that all of the parts I've purchased are higher end. I'll be getting coils soon, and will be purchasing TIC SST coils. I feel like the BC stuff is junk. They'll ride rough, and have very little travel.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX

thanks
    The lower the ride, the more stiff the ride. The more you compress a strut in the gas tube the less forgiving the suspension is gonna be. You'll feel every single bump and pebble in the road no matter how small. It's not very conducive to daily driving. Hence why my WRX is parked in the garage quite a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.