New Guy and new to Subaru

This is a discussion on New Guy and new to Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I am turning the page from SUVs and Trucks to small and fast since i am selling my bike ...

New Guy and new to Subaru

So I am turning the page from SUVs and Trucks to small and fast since i am selling my bike i need a car that will go fast I am looking to 26k and i am realizing that that will not get me an STI. The ? is should i settle for just a WRX and maybe 3-5 yrs down the road get an STI? I know they have major differences but is the WRX just as fun to drive and somewhat fast?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HELP PLEASE

So I am turning the page from SUVs and Trucks to small and fast since i am selling my bike i need a car that will go fast I am looking to spend 26k and i am realizing that that will not get me an STI. The ? is should i settle for just a WRX and maybe 3-5 yrs down the road get an STI? I know they have major differences but is the WRX just as fun to drive and somewhat fast?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Club!

The WRX is plenty fun and nearly as fast as the much pricier STi. Among other goodies the STi adds are Brembo brakes and stronger 6 speed transmission.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the club

If your heart is set on getting a sti you could always get a older used one like a 2005-2009. The sti has a 6 speed and 305 hp compared to the 5 speed wrx and 265 hp (2012 2.5l).

It really depends on do you want a older used car or a brand new car that you could make stronger and better
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

Welcome. Just get the WRX it is faster than the STi in the straight line and it is a hell of a car for the money. Unless you want the car for track use.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC