Help me decide!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help me decide! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up folks, new here on the site and new to subarus. I put in an order a month ago ...

Help me decide!

Whats up folks, new here on the site and new to subarus. I put in an order a month ago for a 2012 WRX in Plasma Blue Pearl the wait is killing me. However, it got me thinking about getting the 2011 STI in Plasma Blue Pearl, I talked to my dealer and gave me a good price ($500 below invoice) but it is going to be a DEALER TRADE, it's going to have about 300miles from the drive down and previous test drives (I believe other dealership is 150miles away) and they can have in today. The only thing that worries me is those miles, i don't really trust anyone driving the car down without following the break in rules (i dont even think i can stay under 4k for 1000miles). I'd like to drive to Roseville and pick the car myself but I wont have the free time until Sunday (wife insists that she has to go when i buy the car) and even then I dont know if I can get the same deal and waste time.

options:
    a. Wait for the 2012 WRX
    b. Get the 2011 STI with around 300miles from my dealer
    c. Drive to the other dealership and pick the car up myself

***Note: I decided to do a dealer trade and went with the 2011 STI, patience was not my virtue.
    Last edited by RiCHBROKE; 12-11-2011 at 12:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

What do you want out of your car?

It's a simple question but the answer really will determine which car you should purchase.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

If the decision is between the WRX and STI, get the STI, it's a better car. If you're worried about the mileage, drive up there, you're already willing to wait for the WRX, why not wait a week to get the STI?
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome!

What do you want out of your car?

It's a simple question but the answer really will determine which car you should purchase.
    The WRX is sufficient for my needs, a fun Daily Driver i commute about 45miles to and from work 5x/week, go up to tahoe and snowboard and that's pretty much it. Maybe try autoX in the future, and at least do Stage 2. I made up my mind about getting the WRX and haven't really thought about the STI since I been working a lot these past few weeks. I'm off the past 2 days and been reading a lot here on the site and I am losing my patience, I WANT a car now. (WIFE wants a Plasma Blue Hatchback WRX or STI (i think the extra bells and whistles are worth it) other colors were discussed and denied).

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Drive them both and go from there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not entirely sure about this,but the 2011 WRXs where offered in Plasma Blue only in Canada whereas we only had that color option for the STI

I hear Subaru is giving you the option for that color for the 2012 WRX. But make sure with your dealer.

EDIT***:they are giving you that color option for the 2012 WRX http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/impre...wrx/build.html
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Not entirely sure about this,but the 2011 WRXs where offered in Plasma Blue only in Canada whereas we only had that color option for the STI

I hear Subaru is giving you the option for that color for the 2012 WRX. But make sure with your dealer.

EDIT:they are giving you that color option for the 2012 WRX Subaru Impreza WRX | Build and Price Your Impreza WRX Sport Sedan
    Yah they have the Plasma Blue as an option for the 2012 WRX, I put an order a month ago and I do have a VON but no VIN.

I Support ClubWRX
    Be patient is all I can say.I waited exactly 3 months to get my car after order.Ordered 09/01/2010,delivered 12/01/2010.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

One other thing to consider is that if there are any warranty issues, you may have to go to Roseville to get serviced. When I picked up my car in Redwood City a couple of weeks ago, they still had a 2012 Silver WRX Limited hatch available. I think there were some others, also, but I was only interested in Limited.

BTW, where did you order your car from? There is one local dealer that has a very bad reputation.

Without driving them both, how can you really decide?

I wouldn't worry at all about that mileage in terms of reliability/break-in, but the dealer should be giving you a bigger discount for a car with 300 miles on it. And you should take the car over 4k miles every 100 miles or so during the first 1k. You just shouldn't do it regularly.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I decided to wait for my 2012 WRX PBB Hatchback, got a confirmation yesterday for a VIN# and ETA around Dec 21st hopefully I will be driving it before christmas. Ordered 11/3 (my bday) at Capitol Subaru.

I Support ClubWRX
    you don't happen to be 35,do you?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

awesome. If I'd known the orders would come that soon,i probably wouldn't have jumped the gun.

Nope, just turned 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    you don't happen to be 35,do you?

Well patience is not my virtue so I decided to get the STI instead. Picked her up yesterday and been driving her around with my 2 year old daughter. She calls it her roller coaster ride.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.