DCCD
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DCCD within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, What's the best way of using manually the driver controlled center differential, I mean how can the DCCD ...

DCCD

Hi everyone,

What's the best way of using manually the driver controlled center differential, I mean how can the DCCD be smartly adjusted manually to maximise performance and under what conditions is convenient to use it in manual mode?

Thanks, Giov

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine stays in auto mode 99% of the time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

In fact I leave it in auto mode most of the time too, because I find it very hard to keep on adjusting it when road conditions keep on changing, especially when I am on roads I don't know very well and I'm too busy holding stearing wheel and shifting gears...
    However when I am on very wet roads I rather having it in the "lock" position or close to the "lock" position, I think the auto mode may have a fractional delay in switching due to the coil commuting time?
    That's probably why they (Subaru) allowed the device to be operated manually as well.
    After all, on dry tarmac may be better leaving it on auto mode, in case of unexpected change of paviment or unexpected sudden braking (as you know, in such cases we'll have change in tyre adeherence and lots of weight transfer when braking hard).
    Anyway I would like to know if some of you guys have played around with the DCCD and may be give me some tips to improve using it.
    Thanks

Is this DCCD on all years of WRX's or only certain year ranges?

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishsniper View Post
    Is this DCCD on all years of WRX's or only certain year ranges?
    It is only found on STIs, not WRXs.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    It is only found on STIs, not WRXs.
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info.

What year STI do you have?

You should just be leaving it on auto unless you're on snow or some other loose surface.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

It's a 2006 year model.
    Yes, I think the "auto" mode is the way the dccd should be on, as you say.
    Here, where I live, there is no snow but it can get very wet: in such conditions, what's the lock percentage (in dccd manual mode) you would set?
    I guess on snow you would set it 100% lock, in my case maybe only 80% or 60%?
    Another question about tyre pressure: the tyre size is 225/45R17, I keep them at 34psi all around.
    Do you think that's right or should they be lower ar higher inflated?
    Would you keep front and rear tyres at different pressure levels instead?
    One more thing, motor oil: I use 5W40, do you think 5W50 would be better, given the extreme high temperatures due to the the turbo?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.