Hey everybody! looking for some mentoring/advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hey everybody! looking for some mentoring/advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats up, i recently bought a 2011 wrx hatch and im loving it. im pretty excited to start mods and ...

Hey everybody! looking for some mentoring/advice

whats up, i recently bought a 2011 wrx hatch and im loving it. im pretty excited to start mods and stuff but that may come later because im a little low on cash...(college student). but i was looking for any advice on what i should be looking for or good parts i should start with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What is your goal with it?
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    Finish college, then modify the car.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    That's pretty much going to be my goal.

i want to know the "ins and outs" with it. so far im looking at getting a K&N intake. what did you start with

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post

haha hopefully penn state will benefit me

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quino View Post
    i want to know the "ins and outs" with it. so far im looking at getting a K&N intake. what did you start with
    Like anything else, you should start off driving the car and deciding where you want the changes to be. Are you looking for more power, better handling, exterior/interior mods? There are plenty of options for each, and each with their impact (performance mods can impact warranty coverage, etc.) If you search around the forum there are tons of threads talking about the different options and the experiences owners have had with them. Drive, use the search function, and watch your cash because once the mod bug bites you ...

oh, and BTW ... simply adding an intake to an '11 does not do much for you, unless you look into a stage 1 tune and account for it properly. If you have any plan to go the Accesport route for tuning, then look into the intakes they support (Cobb, AEM).
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    First thing I would suggest is to read a lot about the modification paths other people have taken with their WRX's. By the time you're actually ready to start with mods, you're warranty will have expired, you'll have a good paying job, and you'll be ready to start buying

Honestly though, you should definitely do a considerable amount of reading before starting with the engine mods. K&N panel filter will not do anything to help your car. I would heed the advice of others above and just get through college.

Not to mention if you start messing with mods, you start messing with potential warranty issues. Having a driveable car through your college career is likely to be important and less costly than a new motor or new transmission.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

haha hopefully penn state will benefit me
    We Are!

Are you at UP or one of the branches?

thanks ying and bigdaddyrex. i agree, im going to do more research on what other people have done and most likely save up my money. thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by TrozPSU View Post
    We Are!

Are you at UP or one of the branches?

penn state!

im at altoona, next year im at main. you go here?

Just graduated from PSU in May, then bought an 11 hatch in September. I wanted to make a little more power so I got Cobb AP ($400 used) and an AEM intake ($230 new). Definitely feels quicker, nothing too drastic though. Also got the Kartboy short shifter and front/rear shifter bushings ($155 for everything). Shifting feels vastly improved over stock, highly recommend Kartboy. Next I'll probably get a downpipe so I can run Stage 2.

If you do end up getting an intake, tune, downpipe, or really any performance mod just remember that theres a chance any warranty claim you make could be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by RSX-->WRX View Post
    Just graduated from PSU in May, then bought an 11 hatch in September. I wanted to make a little more power so I got Cobb AP ($400 used) and an AEM intake ($230 new). Definitely feels quicker, nothing too drastic though. Also got the Kartboy short shifter and front/rear shifter bushings ($155 for everything). Shifting feels vastly improved over stock, highly recommend Kartboy. Next I'll probably get a downpipe so I can run Stage 2.

If you do end up getting an intake, tune, downpipe, or really any performance mod just remember that theres a chance any warranty claim you make could be denied.

I would do what he^ is doing

penn state!

im at altoona, next year im at main. you go here?
    I thought the PSU main campus was in Altoona?

Quote Originally Posted by JLong View Post
    I thought the PSU main campus was in Altoona?
    Main campus is in State College...north of Altoona, and a little east too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast