Limits of WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Limits of WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ledman41 Indeed, but my job may have me moving westward to the likes of Utah, Washington state ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ledman41 View Post
    Indeed, but my job may have me moving westward to the likes of Utah, Washington state or Colorado. If this is the case my FWD Civic may be a wee bit sketchy.
    Depending on where you live in Washington it may not matter.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was in the same boat as you! I'm an automotive enthusiast that loves the driving experience, but also an outdoorsman.
    I really like the Outback. It is bigger, more comfortable, extremely capable on terrain, still has decent acceleration and gets the same fuel economy as the WRX.
    The WRX is just so much more fun to drive, on a daily basis. The cargo space is still extremely impressive, and can still carry four adults. I had to look at how often I took those gravel/dirt roads to trailheads or campsites and think of how much I was willing to compromise for the terrain that makes up for the bulk of the driving.

I realized a limitation this summer when I couldn't make it onto some soft sand where the Outback would have sailed on through. But I did manage a creek crossing after seeing a sedan make it through:

Ground clearance is about the same as a typical sedan. The snow tires I went with are slightly taller, and I think I could have gone even taller if I go with a set of adjustable coilovers so I can raise it an inch in the winter and lower it an inch in the summer.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    If you're going to be moving to anywhere with high altitudes like CO, and you like performance, then you're definitely going to want something with forced induction.
    I'd agree here. At altitude.. Turbos don't lose as much power as naturally aspirated cars do
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12