New member - 08 WRX

This is a discussion on New member - 08 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, im new to the forum and am looking forward to learning alot about my car and what i ...

Smile New member - 08 WRX

Hello everyone, im new to the forum and am looking forward to learning alot about my car and what i can do to it.

Basically i have a dead stock 08 WRX Hatchback, i know very little about it and basically bought it so i can have a very versatile
    vehicle without compromising power. I really want to mod this car to get more out of it. Im definitely going to need some help though!

I want to install a couple things to start off with before i get into anything advanced and had some questions in particular on one of these items..

Downpipes.. I want to install a downpipe as i hear it is worth the money and adds additional power..

My questions-

Who should i go with? I thought of Perrin off the bat but others say Cobb is better...

How hard is the install on a 08 WRX? I know the basics but never had the privilege to install one, i know PB blaster is a must...

Considering i have never installed one should i even try? I want to become experienced with my vehicle and decided to try and do everything myself
    but there will be limitations, is this one of them?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Shock and Awe; 11-20-2011 at 07:49 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Anyone? The mechanics at the muffler shop were like dont F with your downpipes lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Simply installing a downpipe will not do your car any good.You would need a stage 2 tune to go with it.

Installing the downpipe is relatively simple.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha.../pspext225.pdf
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I did read about the tune, and did plan on tuning it. I just wanted to know if i should do the installation myself, i knew it was pretty easy
    but as i am new to this i was very skeptical.

Thank you for the instructions they were pretty helpful.

Also what exactly IS a stage 2 tune? (explain simply, im a newb)

Thank you guys

Also, are these legal ones with a cat? I still want to pass smog, i have read and they say they do have a highflow cat, just making sure.
    Last edited by Shock and Awe; 11-22-2011 at 09:15 PM.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Stage 2 Tune is a particular MAP that COBB Tuning offers for WRX/STIs that have at least a downpipe. You do this with an Accessport. You simply plug it into your computer and flash your computer with the Accessport device.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I see that makes sense, i feel much more comfortable changing it out now.

I recently went and got a catback exhaust system on it, it sounds great! It used to sound like a Prius, lol..

Thank you guys for the assistance, i appreciate it.

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome, read the stickies

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks will do!