What should I pay?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What should I pay? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looking at either a new 2011 or 2012 WRX. I've done some research through this site as well as on ...

What should I pay?

Looking at either a new 2011 or 2012 WRX. I've done some research through this site as well as on edmunds and this is where I'm unsure. I know I should be as close to invoice as possible, but how do I figure out this number? There is a dealership near me offering $100 over invoice, but I should be pretty wary of this correct? Maybe some hidden fees or something? Is it best to just play the emailing game going back and forth until I find the lowest? In the purchasing forum I see a good guideline is 10% off the sticker.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not finding the True cost to own on edmunds for the WRX either. Basically they just have the STI and regular Impreza's on there.

I have a trade in, but I haven't read too much about negotiating this. I know what it's worth according to KBB, so I guess this basically makes it what I'm willing to accept.

If region matters on price...I'm in the Northeast.

Thanks for any help, I know there's probably a lot of posts like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

KBB is a good resource but i'd price your car on nada.com it will give you your car value as a private seller which is usually very close to KBB price but it also gives you an amount of what you should get for your car on trade in.

Alright thanks. I think I'll be emailing around looking for the best deal I can get.

I Support ClubWRX
    Where in the NE?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I have been looking around this forum and some other places for a little while since I am new to buying a brand new vehicle. I've seen a lot of people say " never pay more than invoice". I've also saw a lot of people ordering new WRX's at invoice price or a few hundred below invoice. The best offer i've seen was 500 below invoice. For me, I was comfortable with paying the invoice price. I planned on calling all the dealerships in my area, hearing what they had to say about ordering a WRX, then just be up front with them and tell them I want to order one at invoice price. The first dealer I called ended up agreeing on it. Just be polite and up front about what you want.

10% off sticker seems to be a bit much. 10% off the sticker price of the WRX premium I ordered would be 1363 below invoice.

Rage---Just outside of Albany.

Thanks Jlong. I'm also completely new to buying a new car. I've only bought used previously and didn't do much negotiating. A few things. How do I know they are giving me the real invoice price? When it comes to ordering...am I basically just telling them what I want and they order it for me? I'm a little confused about that whole process. To me it seems like it might be more expensive to have them go through the "trouble" of ordering me the car I want.

100% Haggle-Free New Car Price Quotes from Local Dealers - TrueCar

^ This is what I used to purchase my car. They had invoice pricing right down to the trim level and options I wanted. Printed it out and brought it to the dealer. It made for one of the smoothest transactions ever, and I felt that I paid just the right price.

EDIT: This was my first new car buying experience too, and the process actually isn't that bad now that I look back on it: Got my '11 Rex yesterday!

This thread has the invoice prices for the 2012 WRX's. Time For 2012 WRX/STi/Impreza Special Order Pricing! - NASIOC

It isn't more expensive to order a new car. You just tell them exactly what you want and they will order it. Being my first time and all, I was actually surprised of how easy the process was. I just told them I want. I ordered WRX Premium in SWP with no extra's. ( Just figured I can add what I want after I buy it ) You fill out a little bit of paper work, put down a small deposit and wait for it to arrive.

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I should be paying right around $24k. Now I just have to get the right thing to print out lol.

Jlong---So when it came to negotiating the price...you told them what you wanted, then you haggled?

I told them up front that I know people are ordering WRX's at invoice price or a couple hundred dollars lower than invoice price and that I wanted the same deal. They made an offer a little higher, I said no, then they agreed on invoice.

Ok great, thanks! I know I've asked a lot of dumb questions in here, but between this thread and the articles I've read I feel prepared and ready to go on a new car. Appreciate the help from everyone.

i paid a little under invoice and made them install the short throw on a 11 wrx premium with everything lol

I've been emailing around all afternoon and as of now have an offer for $200 under invoice. Still shopping around to see if I can get any cheaper. I'm actually enjoying the process now where as before I was kind of dreading it. Getting everything squared away in email is definitely way way easier than trying to do it in person. When I went in person it was flat out intimidating where they knew I was a noob and were taking advantage of me. Not anymore though.

I ended up getting $500 under invoice with .9 financing for 63months, 2 year maintenance program... I believe that $200 under is still pretty fair... question is what interest rate are you going to get?
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.