Newbie, Considering getting a wrx, or sti - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie, Considering getting a wrx, or sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mbfinatic My dad is kind of pushing to do the trade.. No offense to your dad but ...

Quote Originally Posted by mbfinatic View Post
    My dad is kind of pushing to do the trade..
    No offense to your dad but sounds to me like he is just trying to push the car and its problems onto you. Sounds like he doesn't want to deal with the fact that he bought a crap car.

Like others have said I would wait and find a better car. Don't look for the "good deal" but look at the car.
    Alex
    2005 STi
    1968 AMC AMX
    1964 Chevrolet Corvair
    Blobeye Syndicate #479

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No the C55 is mine or it wouldnt really be a trade if it was already his. We have done a lot to the subaru since he has owned it. Right now besides the clutch problem it looks like someone before him put OIL into the coolant tank? Not sure yet but it looked like sludge and smelt like it. Anyone ever heard of that? My budget for the next car will most likely be around 18 depending on how much I get for the C55 amg. It has a terrible resale value... .

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    If it has oil in the coolant then your problems are even larger. Do not touch that car, sell your AMG and buy a quality used Subaru.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Just don't rush into buying one of these cars lol I bought mine when I was 15 and didn't know much and in 3 months I had a spon rod bearing

I think thats my best bet. Almost every wrx/sti I find has been modded, wrecked, or something bad happen to it.

The car made was put in the shop today. The mechanic that is a good friend of mine and said the coolant is fine? Its just the coolant tank next to the radiator that is dirty? I thought it would contaminate everything..

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Depending on how the coolant actually looks it could just be brown due to the mixing of two different colored coolants which is fairly common. However, sludge or oily coolant is not ok no matter what tank it is in
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Ok we will find out more tomorow at the shop. Thank you for the information. Im new to these cars. I do like them a lot though.

oil did not get into the coolant. We got a clutch replaced for free! Just got to slowly break in the new clutch..

My budget for the next car will most likely be around 18 depending on how much I get for the C55 amg. It has a terrible resale value... .
    Your budget will be 18K or thats how much cash you will have? Do you have a decent job? If you have 18K to put down on a new car and can afford some monthly payments i would strongly reccomend checking out a new wrx or even the sti. Just an idea not really sure if you're trying to have payments or not, but at least you would know no one had the car to beat on before you
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

I think thats my best bet. Almost every wrx/sti I find has been modded, wrecked, or something bad happen to it.
    No. I found a used 2011 sedan with less than 5000 miles...it did not have mods and was never wrecked. It was at a Subaru lot.

You should take your time in looking...you seem to be in a rush.

The car made was put in the shop today. The mechanic that is a good friend of mine and said the coolant is fine? Its just the coolant tank next to the radiator that is dirty? I thought it would contaminate everything..
    Hate to say it but by the sounds of it you bought one of these heavily modded, wrecked wrx's.... With that said there are plenty of well maintained ones out there also you just have to do your research and not rush to buy one. When you rush is when you make mistakes and when you come across a deal that sounds too good to be true, well as you found out the hard way they usually are too good to be true.
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

I used a paint meter and did not find any sign of it being re painted. I found one small spot that had some bondo. Other than that the car seems to be in good cosmetic shape. This car now if you push it has the check engine light come on for cylinder #3.

I changed the spark plugs in all cylinders except the far driver cylinder. Does anyone know to how reach it? I tried from top and bottom and could not get enough room. Which cylinder is #3?

Everything fixed. Had aftermarket boots in it and bent springs. I took it to the subaru expert shop and they looked the car all over and thought it was a great car. I think im going to keep it. Im trying to find a good deal on coilovers now..

I want to get some coilovers next

Last edited by mbfinatic; 12-15-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast