New, don't have a WRX yet

This is a discussion on New, don't have a WRX yet within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up everybody. I'm 19 years old and looking to buy a better winter car. I don't own a WRX ...

New, don't have a WRX yet

What's up everybody. I'm 19 years old and looking to buy a better winter car. I don't own a WRX yet but I want to get one as soon as I can sell my 04 Mustang GT(only 30k miles if anyone's interested... lol). The main reason for the switch is simply because winter is Washington SUCKS when you have RWD. I really like the looks of the 06-07 WRX sedans but I just wondered what to expect maintenance-wise and what a good mileage range would be to look for since I'm trying to find a car that will last me a long time. I've found a lot with 80-90k miles but that seems a bit high, especially since they're at dealerships so the price is higher too.
    Also, anyone in the Spokane area? It'd be cool to meet some new people once I find a WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, in the purchasing forum there are a couple threads with pointers on what to look for, and in the maintenance section there is a maintenance schedule. I'd look at both and be picky when shopping, it's a popular car and they made plenty so take your time.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'll have to take a look thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. There is a rather large northern Oregon and Washington contingent. We have a few moderators from that neck of the world, and their local meets tend to be rather large. Poke around in your regional forum.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE