Newb! i just got my first wrx about a mounth ago and im already having problems HELP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newb! i just got my first wrx about a mounth ago and im already having problems HELP within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so yeah this is my first wrx its an 06 TR with 96k on it and its a five speed ...

Question Newb! i just got my first wrx about a mounth ago and im already having problems HELP

so yeah this is my first wrx its an 06 TR with 96k on it and its a five speed

As of right now it pretty much stock besides the VF39 turbo upgrade i have a full turbo back exhaust im waiting to throw it on until my cobb AP gets here in the mail im going to go with there stage 3 map

OK ive only had it for a month and these are the problems so far

power steering feesl jerky when i get to the end of turning the wheel all the way. and in the morning the power steering pump always sounds like its out of fluid or like its going out and as soon as the car warms up and i turn the car off it dosnt make any more noise. Problem #2 i just went on a five hour drive the other day and i noticed towards the end of my drive i started hearing this rattle / knocking noise from the back of the car . but only when i down shift or if i leave the car in gear when i decelerate . And last but not least Problem#3 the next morning i got in the car to start it up and i had the check engine light on with the code P2443

Im so lost can somebody please share some of your knowledge Ive done some research on a couple forums but i haven't really found anything helpful

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Problem 1: Power steering fluid low, pump going, or belt loose.
    Problem 2: Diff knocking against back of car. You can probably replicate this at the start of any drive.
    Problem 3: I'd clear it and see if it comes back. It's an air sensor gauge (not sensor mixture or another word that's escaping me).
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    you have a vf39 and no downpipe or cat back?? Is it tuned for the turbo?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

no tune that i know of i bought it like that i have the DP im just waiting for a new AP to get here i dont know if its really goning to make diffrence for me to wait idk, it actually came with that and v1 AP witch i cant get to work for some reason i think its fried. and a larger tmic oh and he said it had the sti pink injectors on it too wich i thought the 06 07 injectors were the same as the pinks idk and as for the fluid i checked that already and its good the belt seems fine to so i might have to replace the pump. and the knocking sound only happeneds on deceleration so i dont if its that the other day i was driving threw a tunnel right after that long drive and it sounded terrible and today i went threw the same tunnel and i couldnt hear it at all to be more descriptfull its like a constant knockning noise that slows down with my rpms as im down shifting as soon as i put the clutch in it stops or if i dont have it in gear it wont happen at all and it dosent make a sound when im acelerating or even just coasting for a while it pretty much just dose it on the down shifts and dosent really do it at high rev either kind of sound like it starts from 3500-0 im not sure though idk if any of this helps.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    First of all...you need to get that car tuned or it's going to explode. Park it until you get the necessary parts and tune to make your car run properly. Secondly your power steering pump really isn't designed to crank all the way to the left or right. Next, if you're hearing a noise and it goes away when you depress the clutch pedal its probably something loose or failing in your clutch assembly. If you have a lightweight flywheel you will get clutch chatter most of the time. If you're worried about that code coming back just get the airpump delete kit and have someone disable that specific code. It's a PITA to install from what I hear but you lose 7lbs off the car.

Other things that could be rattling in the driveline are the carrier bearing and like Scott said, the diff bouncing off the subframe.

Ok so i just got my cobb AP so when i bought the car it came with the K&N typhoon short ram intake i see that cobb specifically says not use any other intakes besides stock or there intake but has anyone ever ran this set up before or has anyone done any real research i was looking around for awhile and ive seen a few people say the run the setup with no problem. should i just throw the stock one back on ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by golden
    Ok so i just got my cobb AP so when i bought the car it came with the K&N typhoon short ram intake i see that cobb specifically says not use any other intakes besides stock or there intake but has anyone ever ran this set up before or has anyone done any real research i was looking around for awhile and ive seen a few people say the run the setup with no problem. should i just throw the stock one back on ?
    Every car reacts to a generic tune differently. Having modifications outside the spec only increases the chance your car will not take the map well.

If you want reassurance, you should be looking to Cobb (since they created the map), not any old idiot on the Internet.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.