New Kid on the Block (no referense to the gay boy band of the 90's!)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Kid on the Block (no referense to the gay boy band of the 90's!) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had my Bugeye now for almost 5 years. Second owner of it. The first was a heavy smoker . First ...

New Kid on the Block (no referense to the gay boy band of the 90's!)

Had my Bugeye now for almost 5 years. Second owner of it. The first was a heavy smoker . First mod was ripping out the entire HVAC ducting and steam washing the carpets, seats and overhead liner. Other than that the car was in beautiful condition!

After various failed half-assed attempts at light mods; then the engine seizing up (Subaru knowledge defunct step-daughter...learned my lesson there); I sourced NEW parts and swore off "used" items forever. Metal tensile strength and memory is for one car...not another in a completely different climate region I have learned.
    To date:
    Built/blueprinted EJ257/207 Hybrid block
    • cosworth .95mm pistons
    • JDM EJ207 V7 heads
    • kelford 272 cams
    • manely H-beam rods
    • STi Nitride treated crank (stock stroke)
    • cosworth 12mm oil pump
    • not a mod but I love it -futomoto (sp?) oil drain valve
    • DW650 injectors
    • one step colder NGK plugs
    • STi TMIC
    • K&N panel filter
    • VF22 (ported & polished via BPT)
    • stainless oil feed line
    • snorkus delete

Gear box
    • OEM gearset (saving for RA set)
    • Comp. Clutch Stage 4 -6 punk (sprung and kevlar/organic IIRC)
    • Kartboy SS and bushings

Brakes/Suspension/Chassis
    • StopTeck pads
    • CryoTreated Rotos (blanks)
    • Stock calipers for now
    • Goodridge SS lines
    • Whiteline poly steering rack bushings
    • BC Adj. Coilovers (light drop)

------as a side note: not sure about fully replacing the lateral & trailing link/arms or just doing a bushing swap. (have the taco style old arms )
    Exhaust
    • Megan cat-less DP
    • Ebay special UP haha! (hey I support China and child labor at gun point!)
    • stock cat-back (i don't like drawing attention, but do miss the boxer rumble)
    • Grimspeed OEM to 3" DP adapter (worth while expense!)
    • Kartboy exhaust hangers (ads 3+ HP!)
    • OEM exhaust manifold

Exterior
    • JDM hood scoop (WRB) w/splitter
    • Pink 'i' badge (seemed fitting for Breat Cancer; my little sis, mom and ex are surviors)
    • completely badged still (Its a Subaru; I'm proud of it)
    • Hella SuperTones
    • JDM (STi embossed) mesh Fog light covers

Interior
    • Pioneer blahblahblah 7300BT (has Bluetooth and seamless sync w/my iPhone)
    • Infinity componet 5.25" component door speakers
    • Infinity 4" rear door speakers
    • IAPerformance front door adapters for speakers (WORTH the money)
    • STi guage cluster (over 200K on the O.D. so didn't bother matching numbers)
    • JDM duracon? 5MT shifter

Wheels/Tires
    This was a looooong thought process!
    • Rota G-Force (flat black) 17x8 (5x100) e48
    • Continental DSW Conti Extreme 225/45ZR17

-Currently the Hella SuperTones are not on the car since I am waiting to get the new OEM bumper painted; I don't like doing the same work twice!
    -SS brake lines are not on since the calipers on almost toast so gonna do that all at once along with new calipers and paint them black
    -The VF22 is brand new as the old VF22 is smoking worse than my mom @ two packs a day (blown oil seal). Currently car is detuned to 15psi because of this from 22psi (don't ask what dyno numbers are; open source road tuned).

My main purpose for joining was I was looking for a comprehensive DIY for doing bushing and/or lateral link and trailing arm removal/installs. And after a complete coilover change-out I am still getting a clunk in the rear end over smal/sharp bumps, so that leads me to the bushings back there as a possibility. I have been working on this car for the better part of owning it, but I like to see what others have done to make my life easier!

The "other" car I have is a 07 Mustang GT KenneBell blown. Last trip at the track with it was in 08 and put down 452HP/402TQ and 11.89@115 1/4 IIRC. Its been sitting a while I wont get into the mod list on it because my fingers would fall off. Its loud, fast and with the Steeda Q650 chassis/suspension in it, it gives my bugeye a run for its money at AutoX.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	100373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(3).JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	100374Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(6).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	100375
    The pictures of the subie are old, as it is not very atheistically pleasing to have photos up of it yet. LOL

About me: 32, just separated from active duty one year ago this Thursday. And am a full time student finishing a BA and MA in US History primarily Civil War/Antebellum era, part-time reservist and spend more of my free time at a gun range and under my car than out and about getting into trouble. Oh yea, now that winter is almost here it'll be up in VT trying new and inventive ways to break my back snowboarding!
    Thats about it! Looking forward to helping and learning!
    Last edited by DDScooby; 11-14-2011 at 03:37 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Hope the snowboarding turns out less painful than you've predicted. The Ford looks nice. Enjoy the site. Incidentally, there is a music thread on the site too, and we try to be inclusive and PG13:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...song+listening

For an actual band along the lines you've implied in your title, I'd recommend The Communards. Anyway, welcome again.

EDIT: Now that I see it that's a nice home too. How old is it?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Welcome. Hope the snowboarding turns out less painful than you've predicted. The Ford looks nice. Enjoy the site. Incidentally, there is a music thread on the site too, and we try to be inclusive and PG13:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...song+listening

For an actual band along the lines you've implied in your title, I'd recommend The Communards. Anyway, welcome again.

EDIT: Now that I see it that's a nice home too. How old is it?

I believe was built around 1890...somewhere towards the turn of the 20th century. Not my home so not sure, but is identical to most of the Dutch Colonials around the area of the same build.

I Support ClubWRX
    I always found that style of home interesting.

About your clunking: the bushings may or may not fix the issue from what I have read. You might try a quick search and/or a thread asking outright in the Suspension forum and see what turns up.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.