Not Sure What to do! Need some advice!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Not Sure What to do! Need some advice! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, so back in April I bought myself a 2011 WRX Sedan premium with SPT Exhaust, Momo Shift Knob, ...

Not Sure What to do! Need some advice!

Hey guys, so back in April I bought myself a 2011 WRX Sedan premium with SPT Exhaust, Momo Shift Knob, SPT Truck trim, 10" Kicker Sub with a sticker price of $31,000. I added the LED Footwell Lights (Red), HID Lights 8000K, 20% Tint all the way around, Tinted the tail lights, wrapped my roof in mate black and the car only has 1,400 miles on it!

Here is my question: How much do you think I can sell my WRX for?

AND

Thinking of upgrading to an STi, wondering what exactly you are paying $6,000 to $10,000 more for and is it worth it? I want to get to 350 hp to the crank and use as a daily driver!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    There would be almost no point in changing it...

You're more than capable of getting 350 Crank HP...even 350 AWHP. Unless you want the 6 speed transmission for some reason, its not worth trying to sell it to essentially get a car that is very close to what you had.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

This has been endlessly posted on here in WRX vs STI threads.

Do a search and all of your questions on the differences will be answered.

On your question about value, Subarus have about the best resale value of any car on the market, but you're going to take a big hit with that new a car. Unless you really want to throw a few thousand away, I'd just stick with what you have and upgrade it.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Like Teflon said, Subaru's do hold value very well but your going to take a pretty good hit on a car that's only a few months old. This holds true with any brand really.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    and take out the HID's and only run them if you have proper HID projectors. Also you shouldn't be running any higher than 5000k. 8000k gives you less light output than stock halogen bulbs and they are distracting and dangerous to oncoming drivers.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Keep the wrx..with the money you would be spending to turn yourself upside down financially with you can get your wrx up to your hp goal.

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep your car. 1) You'd lose too much. 2) If your goal is HP and not suspension, there's no need. My WRX is 300 AWHP on stock turbo, which equates to about 360 HP at the crank. You don't need that trans for that goal.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^What they said
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

we kept our '09 Wrx for 3 years and got 23,500 for trade..since yours is new i really dont think you are going to get much more than that..jeff

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    financially, this isn't the best idea.

however, if you really want to upgrade to the sti (I had the same bug, but I waited 3 years) I would post your WRX on craigslist for a little higher than what you want to get for it. Let it sit 30 days. If someone gives you what you want - go get your STI. If you can't get what you want, you still have an awesome car and can trade up in a few years once the depreciation has slowed down.

You will get robbed if you just trade your car in to a Subaru dealer.... I believe a private sale is the only way to make less pain.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

That's assuming he can get more than what he owes on the car. Even a private sell isn't going to yield him much unless he already has at least 1/4 of the car paid off

Quote Originally Posted by Mdean21801 View Post
    Hey guys, so back in April I bought myself a 2011 WRX Sedan premium with SPT Exhaust, Momo Shift Knob, SPT Truck trim, 10" Kicker Sub with a sticker price of $31,000. I added the LED Footwell Lights (Red), HID Lights 8000K, 20% Tint all the way around, Tinted the tail lights, wrapped my roof in mate black and the car only has 1,400 miles on it!

Here is my question: How much do you think I can sell my WRX for?

AND

Thinking of upgrading to an STi, wondering what exactly you are paying $6,000 to $10,000 more for and is it worth it? I want to get to 350 hp to the crank and use as a daily driver!

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wrapped your roof? Pic?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Pictures

Hey Guys, thanks for your responses!!! I will post some pictures, if anyone wants to know how to wrap their roof hit me up and I will explain!

Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    Wrapped your roof? Pic?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mdean21801; 11-13-2011 at 11:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.