New 2011 Sti 5-Door SWP

This is a discussion on New 2011 Sti 5-Door SWP within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, I picked up my new Sti two weeks ago today was the first day it has not been ...

New 2011 Sti 5-Door SWP

Hi all,

I picked up my new Sti two weeks ago today was the first day it has not been raining and the car was all cleaned up so I took some pics to share. My wife and I are expecting our first baby at anytime now and we had a 2010 JCW mini that we loved but as the day got closer we started to realize that the 2 door Mini was going to be pain to get the child seat in and out. So we decided to pick up the Sti, which just so happens to be the car I have been dreaming about since I was in high school back when they first brought the RS to America.

So with out further ado hear she is:

Our old Mini she will be missed:

Our other car a Volvo V50 R:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have 3 kids.... I have tried to convince others that the STI is a perfectly fine family car.

Forget about the car... good luck on the new baby!

BTW - my wife still has her Mini. 2005 Cooper S.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Great choice! The STi is not an ideal family car but coming from that Mini I bet it feels like an suv, haha.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations.I'm trying to talk my wife into giving up our boorish SUV & getting a Mini Countryman S.

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    I have 3 kids.... I have tried to convince others that the STI is a perfectly fine family car.

Forget about the car... good luck on the new baby!

BTW - my wife still has her Mini. 2005 Cooper S.
    three kids?I always thought that I would have to give up my car for a minivan if I had 3 kids.Surely you do not have 3 car seats in the rear.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    my 99 grand prix GTP fell when we had our second kid - we got our first mini van. She drove that for a while and I got my WRX. She couldn't understand why anyone would actually care what they drove - so I bought her the mini cooper s, now she understands what fun driving is.

Since the WRX was ~90K miles when the 2011 STI came out, she agreed to let me trade it in. The 08+ models are surprisingly more roomier than my 07 WRX wagon.

I can't fit 3 car seats in it, but I only have 1 kid left in a booster seat. The ages are 14, 8, and 6. All 3 fit in the back seat, but not comfortably. Any 2 fit just fine.

When we go anywhere as an entire family (time is closing on that, the teenager would rather not hang with us) - we take the minivan.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice car you got there.

If you need any parts or advice, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Congrats on the new car! I'm on my 2nd STI with kids. I had an '04 and now have a 2011. They make great family cars IMHO! My kids love it when I floor it too.

If you already have the Volvo though to haul the kid, why did you need another family car?

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    The 08+ models are surprisingly more roomier than my 07 WRX wagon.
    It's funny you mention that because my 2011 STI has slightly less interior / back seat room than my 2004 did.
    Last edited by teflon_jones; 11-11-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Congrats on the new car and good luck on the new baby!
    2011 WRX WRB HB, 2011 FORESTER SSM AWP Premium.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    Kurt Cobain

Thanks all I'm very excited about the baby it will be awesome to see our little one here soon. I do agree the STI is going to be a killer family car for us.

When we go anywhere as an entire family (time is closing on that, the teenager would rather not hang with us) - we take the minivan.
    Soon your teenager is going to be wanting to take the your sti are your ready for that?

If you already have the Volvo though to haul the kid, why did you need another family car?
    My wife and I work together so we car pool to work we will also have to bring the baby to daycare on our way to work also. So we were figuring that we would have to drive the Volvo 99% of the time and did not want to do that. I could not see the point of paying for the Mini if we were just going to let it sit in the garage most of the time. Also the Volvo is a nice car but it does not have that fun factor the we like with our cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    The boy has been told he will not be driving the STI.

Same conversation my dad had with me about the vette when I was a kid.

The boy has been told he will not be driving the STI.

Same conversation my dad had with me about the vette when I was a kid.
    Love it! I'm sure I will be having the same conversation in 16 years with my son.