Need advise on 2 quotes for 2012 WRX HATCHBACK LIMITED, thanks for your help.

This is a discussion on Need advise on 2 quotes for 2012 WRX HATCHBACK LIMITED, thanks for your help. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everybody, I plan to place an order this weekend, so far I have 2 quote, and I don't trade ...

Need advise on 2 quotes for 2012 WRX HATCHBACK LIMITED, thanks for your help.

Hi everybody, I plan to place an order this weekend, so far I have 2 quote, and I don't trade in my old car because it old and I don't know how much I can get on that (94 Corolla manual 180K mile on it, fair condition). I hope you can help me pick out which quote is better or give me advice if you can. I think quote 1 is better because I have life time car wash & powertrain (I'll make the dealer put that in paper to make sure) Below are 2 quotes,

1st quote: $29,345 + TTL + $75 document fee

No accessories
    Life time car wash (dealer said as long as I own the car)
    9 oil change (regular not synthetic)
    Life time powertrain warranty (I asked the dealer to confirm is it only 3 years, but he said ala I own the car, he said powertrain cover engine, transmission, and drivetrain)

2nd quote: $28,386 + TTL + $75 doc fee

included dest fee
    included short shifter
    get 1st oil change free
    any time they service the car, I got a free car wash
    get minimum 10% everytime use service department

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Dealer 1 seems to be ignoring the manufacturer's oil requirements and either (s)he understands powertrains better than anyone else in the world or there is a major "catch" to the lifetime powertrain warranty. Get a copy in writing and read the fine print.

Dealer 2 is offering nothing out of the ordinary; many dealers wash the car and an oil change is inexpensive.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

As long as I can get life time car wash and powertrain in hand writing, I'll buy with that price, also I will try to call other subaru dealer asking about life time powertrain, below is the dealer reply about powertrain

"The oil changes use regular oil, so you'd only have to pay the difference between the regular and synthetic price.

Free car washes are for life, the ENTIRE time you own the car.

The powertrain warranty is somthing that follows you for the entire time you own the car, as soon as the subaru warranty expires this warranty would kick in forever. I'm not sure by "how many times can it be done" but it covers the engine, transmission, and drivetrain so it can be used as many times as needed as long as it is covered. Also you don't have to get your service work done here, it just has to be completed by an ASE certified shop. A lot of other dealerships will try to tell you that you have to do it here and that just isn't true, neither is anything else they say about it.

Let me know when you'd like to order. As always, with any questions feel free to ask."

If I can get all that in paperwork, then it should be legit right? Thanks for your advice

Those option about lifetime car wash & powertrain is legit from Morrie. I called couple Subaru Morrie location and they confirmed those 2 are life time. Do you guy think 1st quote is good deal? I just found link about lifetime powertrain warranty for subaru also. I am really appreciate your advice.

http://www.stanleysubaru.com/lifetimepowertrain.htm
    Last edited by ld9525; 11-11-2011 at 12:52 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ld9525 View Post
    I just found link about lifetime powertrain warranty for subaru also.

Stanley Subaru | New Subaru dealership in Ellsworth, ME 04605
    You didn't though. That's not from Subaru. That's from a private firm. They hold dealer status with Subaru of America, but they are not Subaru. Whether this point matters to you is up to you of course; it is something to consider.

Do the math and see. You will be bringing the car there for the routine maintenance in order to maintain the coverage.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by ld9525 View Post
    Those option about lifetime car wash & powertrain is legit from Morrie. I called couple Subaru Morrie location and they confirmed those 2 are life time. Do you guy think 1st quote is good deal? I just found link about lifetime powertrain warranty for subaru also. I am really appreciate your advice.

Stanley Subaru | New Subaru dealership in Ellsworth, ME 04605
    Correct me if I'm missing something but doesnt this only apply to their pre-owned vehicles that are purchased. Your WRX will be new.

"The Lifetime Powertrain Protection Plan applies to all our Premier used vehicles."
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you asked the first dealer what the price difference is between regular & synthetic oil changes?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks for your reply, I just placed an order, the final price is 28.7K (include dest and short throw shifter) + TTL. While I was there, I asked the manager again about life time car wash and powertrain and he confirmed again. I know that is not the good price, but I will use those lifetime car wash, 9 oil change (I'll bring synthetic oil), and life time powertrain and other Morrie happy buy as benefit. He said the car will arrive around Feb. From now until Fed, if I find better deal and cancel with them, do you guy think they will give back $500 deposit, just curious, otherwise I just want to get it over with, so I don't have to think about it again, thanks for your help. I'll post pic once I receive it.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Have you asked the first dealer what the price difference is between regular & synthetic oil changes?
    Sorry, I didn't ask the dealer about the price difference, am I still have an option to negotiate with them once I place an order?

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I am speaking as someone who seems to never get the "good side" of a warranty...

What is the deducitable on this warranty? Also - use synthetic, otherwise you will void the SOA warranty. Also, you are probably barred from the performance upgrades you will read about from people on this forum.

Normal "extended" Subaru warranties are cheap - because to keep the warranty valid you need to bring the car in for maintenance all the time. Please read the warranty requirements - I believe you will find your are flushing coolant every 30K, changing differential fluid every 30K, sparkplugs at 60K, etc etc...

I bought the extended warranty on my 07 WRX. The warranty was cheaper to buy than the mandatory 30K mile "required service" was! I paid $600 for my 100K 5year warranty, my 30K "maintenance" was $650. The 60K was going to be more because of what Subaru dealers charge for plugs.

I very soon after bought the COBB AP and downpipe because I decided I couldn't afford the warranty anymore.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I Support ClubWRX
    Most deposits placed on orders are refundable.Ask the dealer about it.

The order is only a good faith deposit.You are not obligated to take the car or any of the offers they present to you.

If you are bringing your own oil,does that mean that the service charge is waived?If that is the case,then that sounds good.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.