Concerned for my REX!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Concerned for my REX!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've always used mobil 1 synthetic and I like it not luv it but like. I just find with synthetic ...

I've always used mobil 1 synthetic and I like it not luv it but like. I just find with synthetic it burns up really fast and I seem to be topping off alot more. What would y'all recommed for a 145xxx miles Wrx in damn near tip top condition? Thanks for all ur feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabiznas408 View Post
    I've always used mobil 1 synthetic and I like it not luv it but like. I just find with synthetic it burns up really fast and I seem to be topping off alot more. What would y'all recommed for a 145xxx miles Wrx in damn near tip top condition? Thanks for all ur feedback.
    A "4X4," "truck," or "diesel/mixed fleet" oil works great in mine... However, your reaction to such an oil has not been positive so far.

I'd recommend you consider any API SL or SM rated 5W-40 or 0W-40. These are generally going to be GrIII, IV, or V base oils designed for HD fleet use. Mobil Delvac1, Mobil1 TurboDiesel Truck/SUV, Shell Rotella T6 and so on is where I'd shop.

I've used the Mobil1 TurboDiesel 5W-40 since 2004 or so but am now finding my motor consumes less of the Shell Rotella T6 5W-40, so for the past year or so I've used the Rotella T6.

I change oil every 7,500 miles or so. I do keep it topped up fully.

By the way, all this info is useless. What you need are data. To find data, go to Bob Is the Oil Guy's site, and look for used oil analyses. Data matter. Opinions do not.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Subaru Oil. That's what I will be using. Check it out.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    German Castrol
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics