Wrxestless ... for now

This is a discussion on Wrxestless ... for now within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello from northern Canada! After a recent job change I lost the convenient perk of having a company truck. For ...

Wrxestless ... for now

Hello from northern Canada!

After a recent job change I lost the convenient perk of having a company truck. For a while I considered picking up an F150 or equivalent, but thought otherwise given that I'd use the truck as a truck maybe 5% of the time. Besides, I can borrow a truck from work if I ever need the tow or haul capacity. It's a commuter I need, and after far too much hang wringing and research I decided on a black 2012 WRX Ltd sedan. It's 1-3 weeks away.

Now I feel like a giddy 15 year old all pumped to drive the family '94 Ford Aspire. Since then my tastes have evolved a bit. I'm used to driving mostly half-tons and diesel one-tons. My most recent car (back from '07) was an '02 Mazda Protege5. Fun car to drive - great handling and pretty peppy.

I have no idea what to expect with the WRX. Never even test drove it ... which is pretty out of character for me. Then again, so is getting a sport sedan with 265hp. The closest I've come to driving a car with that much juice is a '79 Porsche 928 a friend recently bought. Right now the WRX is on my mind way more than can be healthy. It's becoming an obsession! From everything I've read it sounds like I'll be making excuses to take the long way to and back work each day

Anyhow, just needed to throw this out there since my flatmate is getting tired of hearing me gab on about the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I feel the exact same way man an I haven't even ordered one yet. I'm still looking for a good deal lol. This forum will become your best friend!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I feel the exact same way man an I haven't even ordered one yet. I'm still looking for a good deal lol. This forum will become your best friend!
    Best deal I could've got was if I had gone down to the US and bought the car there. Cars are 60% to 75% the price they are up here. Some hurdles to that whole process, including warranty, taxes and import fees, but in the end it's still a smoking deal compared to what I'm paying.

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome, you will enjoy it.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC