Long time lurker, first time poster

This is a discussion on Long time lurker, first time poster within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Recently, one of my good friends purchased a 2011 Pearl White WRX premium. It was interesting because one of his ...

Long time lurker, first time poster

Recently, one of my good friends purchased a 2011 Pearl White WRX premium. It was interesting because one of his first nights out we met randomly at one of the local Friday hangouts.

For whatever reason, this re-sparked an interest in my own Subaru, which is a 2009 Pearl White premium package 4 door that came with the basic SPT mods (short shift, SPT exhaust). I purchased the car new a little over two years ago and is currently at 17k miles.

To be honest, I've never really been interested in adding mods to the EJ motor, and from the beginning the intent was always to be a stock DD that handles well and produces decent Torque/HP numbers with a beatiful power band. The car drives so well and is so civil it makes it hard to justify climbing behind the wheel of my actual project car that I've been pouring money into.

Anyway, I'd like to become a little more active in Subaru community and learn more about the EJ55 and 57. At some point, I might consider upgrades to my suspension (F/R swaybars and stiffer springs/shocks), changing out my wheels, and possibly trying to delete my spoiler (or change trunks w/ a 2.5i). I plan to keep my WRX for the long term unless I trade it in for a STi, BRZ, FR-S, or the next gen WRX.

The only things I haven't been able to learn so far are smaller details (not that I've tried looking too much), such as stock injectors/fuel pump sizes, what's the best bang for buck suspension upgrades (e.g springs, entry level coil overs), and who are the most reliable leading Subaru vendors.

Phew anyway, I look forward to spending more time here.

-Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, upgrades are fun..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Welcome, upgrades are fun..
    What he said.

If you need any parts or advice, just let us know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED